Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Boss/Roland gear such as Keys, Synth, Racks, Drum Machines, etc
User avatar
Pepe
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm
Location: Germany
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum
Contact:

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by Pepe » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:37 am

bigtone23 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:52 am
I just looked at my OG/MIJ 80s board, which is not too far off from yours... It's powered by an original 1984 200mA PSA120 and works great! 128.5mA draw.
Image
Very nice!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

User avatar
laurie
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 am
Location: Canada
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by laurie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am

Yes, that is a sweet board.

Worth a literally unbelievable amount of money these days.

User avatar
bigtone23
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Colorado, United States

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by bigtone23 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 pm

laurie wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am
Yes, that is a sweet board.

Worth a literally unbelievable amount of money these days.
It's nuts. BOSS was the bargain of the century until the last several years. I mean, they sell themselves, but it didn't help that guys like JHS and Wampler profess their love for them. haha.
All of mine were had when they were $two digit$ bargains of the early 21st Century. That board posted above probably cost me less than $300 total.

User avatar
laurie
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 am
Location: Canada
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by laurie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:17 pm

bigtone23 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 pm
That board posted above probably cost me less than $300 total.
:?

User avatar
fernieite
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 am
Location: Toronto. Age: Early 60s
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by fernieite » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 am

Thanks for the responses, guys. :)

I assume that I need to remove the batteries from the pedals if I want to leave them all hooked up in the case, correct?
If I don't, I imagine the batteries will be drained due to the patch cables in the input jacks?

User avatar
laurie
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 am
Location: Canada
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by laurie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:17 am

fernieite wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 am
Thanks for the responses, guys. :)

I assume that I need to remove the batteries from the pedals if I want to leave them all hooked up in the case, correct?
If I don't, I imagine the batteries will be drained due to the patch cables in the input jacks?
Yes indeed.

User avatar
fernieite
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 am
Location: Toronto. Age: Early 60s
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by fernieite » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:07 pm

laurie wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:17 am
fernieite wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 am
Thanks for the responses, guys. :)

I assume that I need to remove the batteries from the pedals if I want to leave them all hooked up in the case, correct?
If I don't, I imagine the batteries will be drained due to the patch cables in the input jacks?
Yes indeed.
Thanks bud!

User avatar
fernieite
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 am
Location: Toronto. Age: Early 60s
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by fernieite » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 pm

In addition to the PH-1R, I just bought a cheap local MIJ 1984 TU-12H tuner to fit into the top space in the board.
So, the whole board ranges from 1978 to 1984. :geek:

Of course, the BCB-60 didn't exist back then, but I wanted a foam padded board, instead of the earlier plastic pedal holder version.

User avatar
laurie
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 am
Location: Canada
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by laurie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:10 pm

fernieite wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 pm
In addition to the PH-1R, I just bought a cheap local MIJ 1984 TU-12H tuner to fit into the top space in the board.
So, the whole board ranges from 1978 to 1984. :geek:
:D
fernieite wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:12 pm
Of course, the BCB-60 didn't exist back then, but I wanted a foam padded board, instead of the earlier plastic pedal holder version.
The plastic in the BCB-6 always marks the pedals.

User avatar
BearBoy
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 pm
Location: UK
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Just bought a used BCB-60 pedalboard: Questions

Post by BearBoy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:14 pm

laurie wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:17 am
fernieite wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 am
Thanks for the responses, guys. :)

I assume that I need to remove the batteries from the pedals if I want to leave them all hooked up in the case, correct?
If I don't, I imagine the batteries will be drained due to the patch cables in the input jacks?
Yes indeed.
If you've got the 9V daisy chain cable connected, doesn't it disconnect the batteries?

Post Reply