Boss pedal photo thread

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Boss pedal photo thread

Post by laurie » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:12 pm
Was it worth selling the bunch back then? If yes: you did the right thing.

If I had foreseen how steep the prices of vintage gear are going to be (ten years ago we had no Reverb, or did we?), I had kept a LOT of things to sell them now or in a few years. But I have learned to live with the fact that a lot of money has been lost, but at the time when I sold the stuff I was happy with the money that I made - and I really needed the money THEN and not NOW.
Regretfully I could have held onto them financially. I was moving around and didn't want to pack and ship them <sigh>

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:33 pm

If you are a silly collector, like myself, and want "all" Boss chorus variants, expect to end up with 26ish (maybe more) pedals.

In this picture two are missing, one CE-2B (MIT orange label) that I have it, and a CE-2 (MIJ green label) that I don't have it... yet.

So, enjoy the chorus line:

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:01 pm

Please record the sound of a guitar through all the 24 active pedals at once!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:04 pm

What are the differences between the CEB-2 variants?

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:11 pm

The CE-2B was made in Japan (with the odd/cool knobs) and later in Taiwan (white knob caps). The sound is the same in my opinion. I had both versions, kept the MIJ model.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:01 pm
Please record the sound of a guitar through all the 24 active pedals at once!
That is the so called "turbo mega blaster floyd", and is said to give you the same effect of a mild LSD dose. :lol:
BearBoy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:04 pm
What are the differences between the CEB-2 variants?
The CE-2B variants are: MIJ skirt knobs, green label; MIT green label and MIT orange label.

The CEB-3 variants are: MIT pink label, analogue and MIT dark gray label, digital.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Doh. Sorry, I meant the CEB-3 :?

Although maybe there is an ultra rare CEB-2 that you need to be looking out for Old_Iron? :twisted: :lol:

How notable is the difference in sound between the analogue and digital versions?

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:51 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:34 pm
Although maybe there is an ultra rare CEB-2 that you need to be looking out for Old_Iron? :twisted: :lol:
It's possible, yesterday I was browsing the old forum topics and photos, posted by Pepe (thanks Pepe), and became aware that the Tremolo Pan PN-2 may have had prototypes named Swing Pan, so everything is possible in the Boss multiverse.
BearBoy wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:34 pm
How notable is the difference in sound between the analogue and digital versions?
I am not a bass player, don't even have a bass guitar, but I can tell by the CH-1 and CE-5, analogue to digital comparison, that you can hear the difference at the first note played, the analogue ones are richer, more complex chorus, no doubt about it.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:40 pm

Cheers for the info. I've got an analogue CH-1 but have never tried the digital version. Was asking about the CEB-3 as I was thinking of picking up a few pedals for bass and that was on my radar.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:52 pm

If you want a CEB-3, buy a pink label analogue, beside to sound better it can be modded if you will, the digital is a "bit" more difficult to tweek the circuit.