BCB-6G?

Boss/Roland gear such as Keys, Synth, Racks, Drum Machines, etc
Post Reply
User avatar
bigtone23
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Colorado, United States

BCB-6G?

Post by bigtone23 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Saw one of these pop up in a FB feed.
What's the deal with the BCB-6G vs the BCB-6? I don't see any obvious differences other than the cable channel that houses the daisy chain and loop return is not covered with that slide/snap in piece.
This is purely for my own info. Web searches only show pics and ones for sale.

User avatar
Old_Iron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:32 am

bigtone23 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:36 pm
Saw one of these pop up in a FB feed.
What's the deal with the BCB-6G vs the BCB-6? I don't see any obvious differences other than the cable channel that houses the daisy chain and loop return is not covered with that slide/snap in piece.
This is purely for my own info. Web searches only show pics and ones for sale.
Just an evolution of the same product, no big difference other than the way they hold the pedals.

The BCB-6G has those 4 pressure points that, over time, damage the pedal paint, and the new ones holds the pedals in place with EVA mats cutouts, much better.

The BCB-6G became BCB-6, BCB-6 became BCB-60 and BCB-60 became the new BCB-90X, that houses 9+ pedals instead of only 6.

User avatar
bigtone23
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Colorado, United States

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by bigtone23 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:34 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:32 am
bigtone23 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:36 pm
Saw one of these pop up in a FB feed.
What's the deal with the BCB-6G vs the BCB-6? I don't see any obvious differences other than the cable channel that houses the daisy chain and loop return is not covered with that slide/snap in piece.
This is purely for my own info. Web searches only show pics and ones for sale.
Just an evolution of the same product, no big difference other than the way they hold the pedals.

The BCB-6G has those 4 pressure points that, over time, damage the pedal paint, and the new ones holds the pedals in place with EVA mats cutouts, much better.

The BCB-6G became BCB-6, BCB-6 became BCB-60 and BCB-60 became the new BCB-90X, that houses 9+ pedals instead of only 6.
Very cool. Thank you!

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 am
SBZ: Silver

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by Fallen_lassen » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:20 pm

The bcb 6g. Is perfect when you want to play in stereo and want to use other cables than the Boss ones.
Because there is a cut out for the in and the outputs.
To me it seems the bcb6g is the new and improved version of the bcb6(back in the day, that is).

User avatar
Old_Iron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by Old_Iron » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:29 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:20 pm
The bcb 6g. Is perfect when you want to play in stereo and want to use other cables than the Boss ones.
Because there is a cut out for the in and the outputs.
To me it seems the bcb6g is the new and improved version of the bcb6(back in the day, that is).
I thought that the 6G came first and the 6 after, but I can be wrong about that, sorry.

You're right about the cables, I have 2 BCB-60 and had to make my guitar cables with planet waves "L" plugs, because I don't use those in and out ports, I prefer to plug direct into the first and last pedals, and only a "L" shape plug fits.

The patch cables I use the Boss original ones.

But still, the best method to hold the pedals is the EVA foam cutouts. Before to use the BCB-60, I used the smaller BCB-30 and those 4 pressure points scratched my pedals paint.

So, sorry again, I should have said:

The BCB-6 and 6G have those 4 pressure points that, over time, damage the pedal paint, and the new ones holds the pedals in place with EVA mats cutouts, much better.

The BCB-6 became BCB-6G, BCB-6G became BCB-60 and BCB-60 became the new BCB-90X, that houses 9+ pedals instead of only 6.

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 am
SBZ: Silver

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by Fallen_lassen » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:48 am

The Boss book page 84. Tells a little history about the bcb cases. If you want prove 😀.
And yes this pressure points are a hazard for the paint of our beloved pedals 🥲.

User avatar
fuzzbuzzfuzz
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:25 am

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:11 am

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:20 pm
The bcb 6g. Is perfect when you want to play in stereo and want to use other cables than the Boss ones.
Because there is a cut out for the in and the outputs.
To me it seems the bcb6g is the new and improved version of the bcb6(back in the day, that is).
Agreed! I was surprised to pick one of these up in recent years, I've only seen one in my time in Japan, and that was it! For pedals like the PN-2 etc it is perfect.

I sometimes file those little noggins on the cases down to alleviate concerns about pedal scratching. I have an older BCB-3 that's almost impossible to get any pedals in at all!

The BCB-60 is a useful case/system but the overall weight and size (particulaly width when carrying by your side) was very cumbersom.

User avatar
bigtone23
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Location: Colorado, United States

Re: BCB-6G?

Post by bigtone23 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:07 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:11 am
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:20 pm
The bcb 6g. Is perfect when you want to play in stereo and want to use other cables than the Boss ones.
Because there is a cut out for the in and the outputs.
To me it seems the bcb6g is the new and improved version of the bcb6(back in the day, that is).
Agreed! I was surprised to pick one of these up in recent years, I've only seen one in my time in Japan, and that was it! For pedals like the PN-2 etc it is perfect.

I sometimes file those little noggins on the cases down to alleviate concerns about pedal scratching. I have an older BCB-3 that's almost impossible to get any pedals in at all!
I have never seen a BCB6G in person, but I do really like the design. Much easier accommodation for stereo pedals or when you don't loop the cable back to a PSM5 or LS2, but just patch through to the amp.
I also have a BCB3 that took a little filing to fit pedals better!

Post Reply