GX-100 actual sound output in windows?

Crowd Of One

GX-100 actual sound output in windows?

Post by Crowd Of One » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 pm

I bought a windows-10 laptop and have my new GX-100 plugged in via a usb cable. But I'm not familiar with windows at all, on my Linux desktop death-star I plug the Gx-100 "Phones-Out" into my soundcard's dedicated 1/4" Line-In port and then use a headset and/or studio monitors. The laptop has a small headphone port (3.5mm I think), what else do I need to do to actually hear my guitar as well as backing track videos?

TIA

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: GX-100 actual sound output in windows?

Post by BearBoy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 pm

According to the blurb on the Boss website, the GX-100 has "multi-channel computer recording via USB". As such, I think you just need to connect it to your laptop via USB and it will act as its own audio interface.

Have you installed the Windows drivers for it? They should, according to this guide, install automatically when you connect the GX-100 to your laptop. If that didn't happen, then you can download them from HERE.

If you already have the drivers then you should be able to select the GX-100 as your input device in the Windows Sound settings.

Crowd Of One

Re: GX-100 actual sound output in windows?

Post by Crowd Of One » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:49 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 pm
According to the blurb on the Boss website, the GX-100 has "multi-channel computer recording via USB". As such, I think you just need to connect it to your laptop via USB and it will act as its own audio interface.

Have you installed the Windows drivers for it? They should, according to this guide, install automatically when you connect the GX-100 to your laptop. If that didn't happen, then you can download them from HERE.

If you already have the drivers then you should be able to select the GX-100 as your input device in the Windows Sound settings.
Thanks! Yes, my previous Me80 was also an audio-interface too and yes drivers and all are aboard. Everything is working as it should, it's just that I know hsit about windows so I can't find nothing. I'll be trying this Sound-Settings bit tonite. Once done the headset mini-jack should give me the sound...