Christmas Pedal Tour 2022

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Christmas Pedal Tour 2022

Post by Pepe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:22 pm

It's still early September, but Christmas will come with rapid strides as every year. So who wants to take part in our annual tour this time?

So far we have:
chromandre
Dirk
fuzzbuzzfuzz
laurie
Pepe
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Christmas Pedal Tour anyone?

Post by laurie » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm in.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 am

Well ... I have my Christmas surprise ready. A few more participants were nice.

Please write if you want to take part. And if you already know that you won't or cannot participate, please let us know. ;)

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:32 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 am
...or cannot participate, please let us know. ;)
That's my situation, it isn't practical to me to participate because I'm down here, far from you guys (expensive shipment cost), and I would pay a lot of money in tax (60% +) over the declared cost of the pedal plus the cost of shipment.

There is a way to go around this problem by declaring (the sender) a very low cost for the pedal, but it is a high risk, the aduana could reject the amount declared and set a value they think is right, usually a very high one.

I would end up paying a good money to receive a present... :(

That's why I never participate.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:13 pm

That's sad, indeed. We had an active member from Brazil in the previous forum, Guga Ramone*, and he was forced to be a spectator as well.

*he is a member of this forum as well, but he hasn't logged in for almost two years

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:30 pm

Another way we could do it is for everyone to log onto the local instance of eBay (ebay.ca for me) and buy and have sent a pedal to the person in their own country.

For instance I could log onto br.ebay.com and buy a local pedal for Old_Iron that was located in Brazil, and have it shipped in-country.

This doesn't allow for sending of something we already have kicking around, but might be worth considering?

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:05 pm

laurie wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:30 pm
Another way we could do it is for everyone to log onto the local instance of eBay (ebay.ca for me) and buy and have sent a pedal to the person in their own country.

For instance I could log onto br.ebay.com and buy a local pedal for Old_Iron that was located in Brazil, and have it shipped in-country.

This doesn't allow for sending of something we already have kicking around, but might be worth considering?
Is it possible to buy from ebay and ship it to a different address from the one in your ebay account?
Last edited by Old_Iron on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:54 pm

I'll be in!

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 pm

chromandre wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:54 pm
I'll be in!
Awesome!
laurie wrote:

That's a great idea, laurie! This would also be an option for those who would have to pay high sums for overseas shipping. :idea:

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:05 pm
laurie wrote:

Is it possible to buy from ebay and ship it to a different address from the one in your ebay account?
I asked a similar question on google and the answer was that you should change your regular address in your ebay account, and also in your PayPal account (if you pay with PayPal), before the purchase.

I think it is better to try it once to see if it works, Laurie could buy something very cheap on ebay.de and send it to Pepe, just as a test, I suggest a TB-2W. :lol: