Nirvana "Soaked in Bleach" Doc. and "last Days" Gus van Zant film

visserman

Nirvana "Soaked in Bleach" Doc. and "last Days" Gus van Zant film

Post by visserman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 pm

I got to this through checking out demo videos for Sans Amp Classic: So many of them are about creating Nirvana sounds using the Sans.
Nirvana still means something today to a lot of people. For me, some of those jarring sounds take me out of the songs and remind me of other things in the world and in our lives.

I guess the doc. does not come up with new info, but it puts all what we know in a very informative viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JO-zWCWoz4

"last Days" is a art film about Kurt's last days. I love it, but some of you may not like it. Love the feel of the film and the lighting. It is a very slow moving film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMZdquCBok

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Nirvana "Soaked in Bleach" Doc. and "last Days" Gus van Zant film

Post by fernieite » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 pm

Thanks man. I'll definitely check this out. 8-)

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 am

I saw ‘Doc’ and I got all excited ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ll definitely check this out too. Thanks visserman.

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:32 pm

You got excited about being soaked in bleach?! That's weird... ;)

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yup...I’m that kinda guy :lol:

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 am

😊👍

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 pm

I watched the "soaked in bleach" video last night. Didn't realize that it was about the strange circumstances behind Kurt Cobain's death. I assumed it was going to be a documentary on the history of Nirvana. Other than the text being written in German, I found it quite interesting. All of the audio was in English thankfully. :D

Thanks for sharing Visserman.

visserman

Post by visserman » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 am
I saw ‘Doc’ and I got all excited ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ll definitely check this out too. Thanks visserman.
You will love it. Did not know you liked them...........heh nothing wrong eh?

Over time I start to appreciate Kurt more and more.
The way he soloed. Some people think it is just noise. Try it for yourself to see what you get. I think it takes work and a lot of work to give it some meaning and for it to work with the dynamics, the song and the vocals.
Also, he was able to sing and play something on the guitar totally independent from his voice. You really need to work at that to get good at it.

There is so much material appearing about him, demos he did and other things, really interesting to see. He had the whole thing going before Nirvana even existed. He was also very aware of all the styles within Punk Rock. There are some early demos where he plays ideas which I would call Speed Metal- kind of Riffs.

In terms of his death, it is really a mystery. It is interesting to see how they go through facts and how some information was hidden right at the time, and even today.

I am not a big fan of pointing fingers at people. You go through some of the information you are presented with here and come to your own conclusions.

Overall, Nirvana still means something to people today, you can tell from all the comments you see on most of the Nirvana related videos. Kurt did touch something in most of us with the music Nirvana played. I also think Nirvana sounds timeless. They sound as good, and unique, as when they first appeared in the late 80s. It is not easy to create music which will stand the test of time.

visserman

Post by visserman » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 pm

fernieite wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 pm
I watched the "soaked in bleach" video last night. Didn't realize that it was about the strange circumstances behind Kurt Cobain's death. I assumed it was going to be a documentary on the history of Nirvana. Other than the text being written in German, I found it quite interesting. All of the audio was in English thankfully. :D

No problem. About the German text about the audio files. There is are Youtube videos which deals with all the phone conversations. I have seen them all in one video, but could not find it today. The German text may not be so bothersome if you look at other sources related to the subject. Most of it will become quite clear.
Cheers!

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:20 pm

visserman wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 pm
fernieite wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 pm

No problem. About the German text about the audio files. There is are Youtube videos which deals with all the phone conversations. I have seen them all in one video, but could not find it today. The German text may not be so bothersome if you look at other sources related to the subject. Most of it will become quite clear.
Cheers!
Danke schoen. ;)