New Boss ME-90B Bass Multi-Effects

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

New Boss ME-90B Bass Multi-Effects

Post by BearBoy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Introducing the ME-90B, a free-flowing ME processor filled with pro performance tools for bassists. Extend your creative range with 61 effects optimized for bass. Shape your core tone with 10 bass preamps crafted with our latest AIRD technology. Connect to stage amps, house PA systems, and computers. And with the hands-on interface, expression pedal, and direct-access footswitches, you can create and perform in the moment with nothing to slow you down.

Standard Features
  • All-in-one bass processor with premium BOSS amps and effects
  • Easy stompbox-style sound creation with an intuitive knob-based interface
  • Superior sound quality with 24-bit AD and 32-bit DA conversion, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 48 kHz sampling rate
  • 61 effects from the BOSS bass effects library
  • Ten onboard AIRD preamp models including newly developed types
  • Dedicated preamp section plus six simultaneous effect categories with multiple types to choose from
  • Edit parameters, swap out preamp and effect types, and more with BOSS Tone Studio
  • Eight multi-function footswitches and an expression pedal with toe switch
  • 36 ready-to-play preset memories and 36 user memories for storing custom setups
  • Manual mode for pedalboard-style operation and Memory mode for switching complete setups
  • Blend knob for mixing in the direct bass sound
  • Stereo 1/4-inch outputs and mono XLR balanced output with ground lift switch
  • Rear-panel switch to optimize the 1/4-inch audio outputs for a bass amp or full-range sound system
  • Send/return loop for external pedals
  • Light, durable design and colorful status LEDs
  • Load up to three user speaker IRs
  • Powered via four AA batteries or optional AC adaptor
  • USB-C® connector for communicating with BOSS Tone Studio and audio recording/playback with music production software
  • Download and share ME-90B Livesets on BOSS Tone Exchange
  • Optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor allows you to edit sounds and stream audio from an iOS or Android mobile device

Seems to be in stock with the usual UK retailers now for £345.

LINK

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: New Boss ME-90B Bass Multi-Effects

Post by Dirk » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm

Hmm, what puts me off is all that text around the knobs.
Bassplayers generally like it simple, haha

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Pretty much what I thought, too at the first look at it! :)

But on the other hand I have recently purchased a dirt cheap KORG ToneWorks AX1500G which has a similar design with the knobs and the text - dialing in the different effects is really easy this way.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 pm

pretty cool, I'm glad theyre still doing bass multieffects, (I think the modern GT range has just merged duties to cover bass as well)

My favorite feature on the GT-6B you can get the XLR out to be analog dry signal, which is highly useful for all situations. I dont see it in the manual but hopefully the ME-90B can do this as well.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 am

I really liked the ME-50B for what it was capable of. Was my board for quite a while. That one also had a lot of text but it's actually easy to maneuvre. That's my only regret about the MS-3: It's a tad complicated to dial in (but I need the compact footprint + the loops I can reorder for my setup). The ME-90B is really in that same vibe.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."