New Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Pedals

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

New Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Pedals

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:53 am

In celebration of our milestone 50th anniversary, BOSS has unveiled a trio of collectible, limited-edition versions of our most popular and influential compact pedals. The DS-1 Distortion (DS-1-B50A), SD-1 Super Overdrive (SD-1-B50A), and BD-2 Blues Driver (BD-2-B50A) offer a host of unique commemorative features and have been produced in strictly limited numbers, with just 7,000 units available worldwide.
Link to the 50th Anniversary webpage: LINK

BearBoy

Re: New Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Pedals

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:12 am

Some more pictures from GAK:

Boss BD-2-B50A Blues Driver 50th Anniversary Pedal - £122

Boss DS-1-B50A Distortion Pedal 50th Anniversary - £91

Boss SD-1-B50A Super Overdrive 50th Anniversary Pedal - £90

Stock expected in December.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:17 am

And some more info from Andertons:

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Boss’ innovation of guitar gear and products, the Boss BD-2-B50A Blues Driver 50th Anniversary pedal comes armed with that same great and famous overdrive tone in a custom, shiny chassis.

Legendary Circuitry
Just like the original BD-2 pedal, the 50th anniversary edition features the same circuit to give you that tube like gain response, giving you the ability too create a heavy distortion, all the way to a boosted blues crunch.

A True Pedal Collectible
With only 7000 units made worldwide, the BD-2-B50A Blues Driver is a beautiful collector's piece celebrating one of the most influential pedal companies of all time. First up, there's that stunning metallic finish, but that's not all. This stompbox is decorated with a silver thumb screw, gold-capped knobs, a commemorative emblem, and a dedicated 4-digit serial number. Luxurious collectible packaging makes this the perfect addition to any pedal enthusiast's collection.

Key features
Celebratory Limited Edition – Housed in a shiny metallic blue finish, the BD-2-B50A Blues Driver, only 7,000 units made to commemorate the Boss’ 50th
Legendary Circuitry – Featuring the same circuitry to create that incredible, versatile tone.
BOSS Build Quality - These stompboxes are famous for their tank-like construction, and the BD-2-B50A is no different. This limited-edition pedal is built to last.
Stock expected 21st of November. Price £119.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:19 am

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Boss’ innovation of guitar gear and products, SD-1-B50A Super Overdrive 50th Anniversary pedal comes armed with that same great and famous overdrive tone in a custom, shiny chassis.

Legendary Circuitry, Legendary Sound
Just like the original SD-1 pedal, the 50th anniversary edition features the same circuit to give you that tube like gain response, giving you the ability to create a heavy distortion, and be able to control the amount of gain through the tone control to prevent muddying the sound.

A True Pedal Collectible
With only 7000 units made worldwide, the SD-1-B50A Super Overdrive is a true rare gem celebrating one of the most iconic pedal brands of all time. First up, there's that stunning metallic finish, but it doesn't end there. This stompbox is decorated with a silver thumb screw, gold-capped knobs, a commemorative emblem, and a dedicated 4-digit serial number. Bespoke packaging makes this the perfect piece for any pedal enthusiast's collection.

Key features
Celebratory Limited Edition – Housed in a striking metallic yellow finish, the SD-1-B50A Super Overdrive is part of a run of only 7,000 units made to commemorate Boss' 50th anniversary.
Legendary Circuitry – Featuring the same circuitry to create that incredible, versatile tone.
BOSS Build Quality - These stompboxes are famous for their tank-like construction, and the SD-1-B50A is no different. This limited-edition pedal is built to last.
Stock expected 21st of November. Price £89.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:22 am

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Boss’ innovation of guitar gear and products, the Boss DS-1-B50A Distortion 50th Anniversary pedal comes armed with that same great and famous overdrive tone in a custom, shiny chassis.

DS-1 Iconic Distortion
Featuring the same circuitry as the original and acclaimed DS-1 distortion pedal, this anniversary edition provides edgy attack with smooth sustain.

A True Pedal Collectible

Part of a worldwide run of only 7000 units, the DS-1-B50A Distortion is a limited-edition release celebrating one of the most iconic pedal brands of all time. Firs you'll notice that stunning metallic finish, but it doesn't end there. This stompbox is embellished with a silver thumb screw, gold-capped knobs, a commemorative emblem, and a dedicated 4-digit serial number. Bespoke packaging is the final touch to a perfect piece for any pedal enthusiast's collection.

Key features
Celebratory Limited Edition – Housed in a dazzling metallic orange finish, the DS-1-B50A is part of only 7,000 units made to commemorate the Boss’ 50th
BOSS Build Quality - These stompboxes are famous for their tank-like construction, and the DS-1-B50A is no different. This limited-edition pedal is built to last.
Stock expected 21st of November. Price £89.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:04 am

If they had classic through-hole-boards instead of the stamp-sized SMD "boards", these pedals would be really worth as a collector's item. They look great, though!

(And now everyone is finally able to fetch an authentic silver screw SD-1! :mrgreen: )
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm

Yeah, I think they look pretty good too but I doubt I'll pick one up though. I'm not really a "collector" (although I have far more pedals than I need....) and I've already got a DS-1 (and DS-1w) and sort of have a BD-2 (I've got a JB-2). If I was going to get an SD-1, I think I'd be more likely to go for the Waza version (although the anniversary version's sparkly finish does look nice).
Last edited by BearBoy on Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:21 pm

Nope, doesn't float my boat.

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:46 pm

The electronics are exactly the same as the modern standard models, I have all three pedals already, I don’t need them but… :roll: :lol:

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:12 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:46 pm
I don’t need them but… :roll: :lol:
The "but" is the key word here. it says everything it needs to :lol:
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."