Re: New Boss NS-1X Noise Suppressor

Post by Gasgano » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:05 am

BearBoy wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:47 am
Pepe wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:37 am
I have exactly one of these
That's exactly one more than I have :lol:

I do have a DA-2 though, which I think was something of a precursor of the DS-1X/OD-1X?
I have the DA-2 also. It's my go-to dirt at guitar. It is a precursor to the X pedals, as were MO-2 and TE-2. I have the BB-1X. It is a MONSTROUS update on the ODB-3. Way better.

I'm a fan of their noiselessness. Their clarity. Analog fans won't like it but I dig them.

But out of all the "X" pedals I could think of... they chose the NS???? I can get that MDP will help "sort out" what is noise from actual sound, but it seems underwhelming to me.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

zentropa
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Re: New Boss NS-1X Noise Suppressor

Post by zentropa » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:45 am

I'm usually a die hard analog guy, but I have to say that the CP-1X is probably the best compressor I have ever tried by a pretty wide margin. My local pedal shop told me about NS-1X about 2 weeks ago and said he thinks it will probably be the best noise gate ever and he ordered like 35 of them, anticipating selling a ton of them (he usually orders between 1-4 of new things). While he didn't like the DS-1X or OD-1X, he is a huge fan of the rest of the X line. I don't think I will be getting an NS-1X, but I do think it is likely going to be quite good.