Boss pedal colors

mjd78

Boss pedal colors

Post by mjd78 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:28 pm

Hi all...
I am collecting every boss pedal made and I was wondering if there is a color difference between the PH-1 and PH-1r and all the RV series and DD series. They look really similar but I can't tell. Also, does anyone use a display case for their pedals by any chance?

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Boss pedal colors

Post by fernieite » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:02 am

Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place!

Others here will chime in. I have a PH-1R and used to have a PH-1, but unfortunately not together to compare.
I only have 6 Boss pedals these days, and store them in a bcb-60 pedalboard. That won't do for you though...

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:36 am

Welcome!

I have had a few old Japanese DD-3 pedals as well as a DD-2. These early models have a less "white" colour than the Taiwanese models (DD-3, DD-5, DD-6 and DD-7*). Also the labelling on the MIJ pedal treadles as well as the DD-5 and DD-6 is light blue. It is rather turquoise on the Taiwanese DD-3 pedals and dark blue on my DD-7.

I have a PH-1 (long dash, black screw) incoming and I guess that it will have the same green colour as the PH-1R that I have had a while ago. Of course there can always be some discolouration. In this case you have to open the pedal treadle - the battery compartment will show you the original colour.

*I haven't had a DD-8 yet, so I cannot say if that applies to this model as well.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 pm

Welcome!

In addition to the colour variations, there are electronics (internal) variations. At least 3 for the DD-3, for example. There are at least 6 variations of electronics for the DS-1.

There are also subtle external variations for many other pedals, for example the writing on the MT-2.

I'll admit it is a bit of a rat-hole. I had a list of a couple of hundred variations... someone else on the forum may have a current list (mine is 10 years out of date).

I've seen people use a shoe rack to display pedals. Something like this:
https://www.wayfair.ca/storage-organiza ... html?piid=

mjd78

Post by mjd78 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:01 pm

Great info! Is there a color variation between t wah and the touch wah?