Patch 04-4 on GT-1000

Crusader

Patch 04-4 on GT-1000

Post by Crusader » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:01 pm

I've got a Boss GT-1000 and with Patch 04-4 which has Accoustic Guitar Simulator I get a noise like excessive string buzz. It works best if I set the Output Setting to LINE/PHONES, and turning off the Transparent amp also helps. However there are some things I don't understand. For the record I have tried all the different ways of connecting to the amp but usually I plug the guitar into the GT then into the RETURN of the amp (Mesa Boogie 25w Combo)

Point 1) In one of the online tutorials it says you sometimes have to turn off the GT amps because you would be running two preamps (which can cause unwanted noise) but due to the way I plug in I am bypassing the Mesa Boogie's preamp, so why is there an issue?

Point 2) Changing the Global Output setting to LINE/PHONES doesn't make a lot of sense for a device like this. The idea of having an Acoustic Guitar Simulator is so you don't have to change guitars in a performance. If Patches with AC GUITAR SIM require the LINE/PHONES setting you would have to get down and change it during performance. Doesn't make sense

So I am wondering if I am correct to change the output to LINE/PHONES and turn off the Transparent amp, or is something wrong?

Any comments will be appreciated

cheers

chromandre

Re: Patch 04-4 on GT-1000

Post by chromandre » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:20 pm

I believe the excessive string buzz just is a byproduct of the acoustic simulator itself, its an extreme EQ curve