BOSS Pedal Mods Thread

fuzzbuzzfuzz

BOSS Pedal Mods Thread

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:54 am

Whilst we no doubt love our BOSS boxes stock for the most part, there are a great deal of intriguing mods out there and quite a few companies or individuals out there with "mod kits" available. Usually these are to lessen noise, clean up high end or widen the range of an effect etc.
So I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts on any Mod kits you've purchased and put into action or alternatively mods you may recommend. Hence this thread!

What have you purchased or done that you much preferred over stock?
What was a waste of time or you simply preferred the original?

For example, I sold my TR-2 a few years ago, and whilst it is not essential to me I am considering a repurchase. However, I'd like the LED rate pulse and it was a bit dark sound wise compared to the PN-2. I have found a nice site that gives the full DIY lowdown on mods, and I also saw this page of mod kits too inc. the TR-2:

https://fromelelectronics.com/collectio ... l-mod-kits

One thing about doing it is the education as well as the practical benefits! 

My Colorsound tremolo would also benefit from a pulsing rate LED.
Of course there are the Monte Allums, Keeley and Analog Man mods too.

Incidentally before the Waza BD-2 arrived I recall visiting the Tokyo Guitar Show years back and there was a stack of modded BD-2s by various companies selling for $250-300!

The most amusing is the "WEED" company with a distinctive green sticker! There (his?) pedals were everywhere even when I first arrived in Japan circa 2005 ish. From memory there was also BOOROCKS iirc.

I'll dig out the photos at some point.

Anyway, comment away :)

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Re: BOSS Pedal Mods Thread

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:58 am