NEW BOSS PEDAL - DS-1W

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: NEW BOSS PEDAL - DS-1W

Post by BearBoy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:03 am

laurie wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:50 am
An SG-1W will have a switch to select a much longer swell time...
I agree and I think this would be key to it being anything other than a bit of a curiosity, to me at least. My old Boss BR-1180CD had a "Slow Attack" effect, which was great and I used on a number of songs I recorded. I assumed this was just a COSM recreation of an SG-1 so picked up one of the Behringer SG-1 knock offs (genuine SG-1s being daft money even back then) and was so disappointed at how short the swell time was. AFAIK, the Behringer version didn't differ from an actual SG-1 in this regard. Made it completely unusable for what I wanted.

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:47 am

I would also like to see a SD2W-leave red mode alone, but allow green mode to switch between stock and a smoother, more SD1-esque voicing. Maybe have a Angry Driver way to stack the modes?

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:23 am

I’ve always been a big fan of the SD-2. I got an Angry Driver recently and the additional routing options are great. An updated SD-2 with the JB-2 functionality would be brilliant. They could do other versions combining their different classic overdrives/distortions as well.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:25 am

Just realised that, as usual when Boss announce a new Waza pedal, we all spend more time talking about what Waza pedals we’d like Boss to release, rather than the one they actually have :lol:

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:52 am

BearBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:25 am
Just realised that, as usual when Boss announce a new Waza pedal, we all spend more time talking about what Waza pedals we’d like Boss to release, rather than the one they actually have :lol:
Haha. Truth!
Well, in this case, I already have enough DS1: a stock 1986, my JCM800 mod (and more) 2011 and a Garmopat mod 2002 that is sort of Keeley-ish. Let alone The DS2, DS mode on the OS2, etc... So the DS1W will go fully unneeded and I pine for a new Waza that i would use.

The TU3W is cool, I would rock that one! Just waiting for one to cross my path for a deal.

The DC3W, CE2W, BD2W, SD1W, etc... are all covered, for the most part, with my originals and other similar BOSS models.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:59 am

bigtone23 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:52 am
The DC3W, CE2W, BD2W, SD1W, etc... are all covered, for the most part, with my originals and other similar BOSS models.
That's the same situation here. I would like to have a DC-2W at some point, because of the rather low headroom that my original DC-2 has. And I would love to try out the SDD-320 mode.

The CE-2W is partly covered by my CE-2B. I wasn't too overwhelmed by the sound of the original CE-1 that I was allowed to try out for some time.

So far the VB-2W is the only one that is really interesting for me. I really liked the VB-2 and it wasn't easy to let it go (but we needed the money back then). But I don't need the Waza Craft model right now.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:23 am

I bought the DM-2w, CE-2w and DC-2w because I didn't have the originals and the extra modes made them, for me, a better option than trying to pick up a vintage one (I'm also picky about cosmetic condition, boxes etc, which tends to push the prices of vintage units up). If I already had the originals then I'm less sure I would have taken the plunge tbh.

I haven't bought an HM-2w (yet...) as, although I think the original is a great pedal, I'm not sure I need the extra gain they added for the custom mode.

I did pick up an FZ-1w but that's a "new" pedal rather than a reissue/upgrade of an existing model.

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:03 am

Pepe wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:59 am
bigtone23 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:52 am
That's the same situation here. I would like to have a DC-2W at some point, because of the rather low headroom that my original DC-2 has. And I would love to try out the SDD-320 mode.

The CE-2W is partly covered by my CE-2B. I wasn't too overwhelmed by the sound of the original CE-1 that I was allowed to try out for some time.

So far the VB-2W is the only one that is really interesting for me. I really liked the VB-2 and it wasn't easy to let it go (but we needed the money back then). But I don't need the Waza Craft model right now.
Yeah, with my DC3 'Digital Space D' I'm good with the DC.
CE2 and CE2B (plus analog CE5, analog CH1 and a CEB3) is a full bag of BOSS chorus.
Not letting my VB2 go! :D