Boss/Fender pedals

Boogieman
SBZ: Bronze

Re: Boss/Fender pedals

Post by Boogieman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:27 am

I am not surprised that neither Marshall nor Vox were interested. They both already have their own brand of pedals for quite some time. That, plus the fact that Korg now owns Vox certainly does not help.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:21 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am
Anyone know how the spring reverb in the RV-6 compares to the FRV-1?
I just did this and my overriding impression is that the FRV-1 is much more ‘alive’ and in your face, compared to the Spring Reverb mode on the RV-6. The RV-6 sound is still very useful but, to me, it sounds like a tweaked room setting rather than something full of vintage spring reverb thwack like the FRV-1. Both are excellent pedals and are different tools for different jobs.

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks Doc. I got the same impression from the video that Missica posted.

Kind of wish I’d picked up an FRV-1 when they were in production now. I almost did on a couple of occasions but never quite got around to it.

I think I’ll probably be okay with an RV-6 though for my needs.

Goran

Post by Goran » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:03 am

I once had the real Fender Reverb, the huge box one, I thought it was a bit overwhelming and way too big to carry around.
My impression is that FRV-1 can be dialed to a more subtile effect than the big one.
I didn´t have the pedal and the "box" at the same time, so direct comparison was not possible.
I prefer FRV-1 to all of the other Boss reverbs, even if it´s the most "limited" of them.

visserman

Post by visserman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:50 pm

missica wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 pm
BearBoy wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am
Anyone know how the spring reverb in the RV-6 compares to the FRV-1?
Don't know if it helps clarify your question, but found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovIgTKfozAY
Great link and yes the Fender Pedal does sound the best, tut the other two do no sound miles away. Get a Fender amp of the 60s/70s and listen to the reverb and compare that to the Fender pedal..............................................

It is interesting to see how those Fender pedals gained more popularity over time. Most of us will still know when they came out and how the reaction was in the beginning.

All of this talk about the Fender pedals brings me to the recent JB-2, which I find interesting in concept but not truly unique. Not sure how much love there is for this pedal at the moment

Ricey

Post by Ricey » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:49 am

Does the FRV-1 mix an analog dry signal with the digital reverb signal or does everything go through the AD/DA converters? How about bypassed; i.e., does the bypassed signal still go through the AD/DA converters? Don't know if it is true, but I heard that Boss was doing that for awhile with some of their digital pedals?