Used PH-1r - is it really in original condition?

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Used PH-1r - is it really in original condition?

Post by Pepe » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:32 am

René1983 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 am
@Pepe : your videos are great but not good for Gear Aquisiton Syndrome ... :mrgreen:
:D
René1983 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 am
Actually I have another Phaser pedal, a Pearl PH-03 (which has a volume drop) that I use with my keyboard. For guitar, I like the Boss sound and format of the stomp boxes.
I haven't noticed a strong volume drop with my Pearl PH-03, but I haven't tried it with other instruments yet. I acquired it in bad condition last year and I did a full recap, because it didn't sound right (a friend gave me his Pearl PH-44 for a demo video, so I knew how it had to sound like). After that procedure it was completely great again. But I don't like its sound too much.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

René1983

Post by René1983 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 am

Do you think that, replacing the Malaysian and Chinese copies of the JRC4558 and may be some other components by better ones, and trying the trick that suggested Laurie, could be a way to get a decent phaser tone?

I have tried to resell it but people are not interested in suspicious replicas. I think the best solution would be to keep it and upgrade it.

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:35 am

René1983 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 am
Do you think that, replacing the Malaysian and Chinese copies of the JRC4558 and may be some other components by better ones, and trying the trick that suggested Laurie, could be a way to get a decent phaser tone?
Changing the opamps probably won't do much.

Upgrading all the capacitors to something like Panasonics might do more? Hard to tell until you try.