BF-2 Volume Too Much

sroberts5150

BF-2 Volume Too Much

Post by sroberts5150 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi All
Is there a volume dip switch on the BF-2? It's very loud and takes over on my Rig. Alll other pedals sound fine. I'm playing thru the loop.
thanks

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: BF-2 Volume Too Much

Post by Pepe » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 am

Normally it is okay to put a modulation pedal like a flanger into the effects loop of an amp. I have had a few BF-2s and none of them had a noticeable volume boost.

Did you try it in front of the amp as well? Some people even prefer flanger into distortion, so this could be an easy solution. If you don't like that combination and if you have other dirt pedals, put them before the BF-2 and then go into your amp.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:08 pm

I've used a BF-2 in my effects loop - various amp, SS and tube - since 1984 without a problem. Never once noticed a volume change, or at least, not as dramatic as the old Electric Mistress.

How are you powering it?
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am

Pepe wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:43 am
Normally it is okay to put a modulation pedal like a flanger into the effects loop of an amp. I have had a few BF-2s and none of them had a noticeable volume boost.

Did you try it in front of the amp as well? Some people even prefer flanger into distortion, so this could be an easy solution. If you don't like that combination and if you have other dirt pedals, put them before the BF-2 and then go into your amp.
This is how I run my BF2--before my crunchy amp.
OR--before the distortion pedal.
Either way (also when playing it with a clean amp), it doesn't have a noticeable boost.