Rebuying pedals we sold...

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Rebuying pedals we sold...

Post by Dirk » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:37 am

fernieite wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:33 pm
By the way, it's nice to see you back on here Dirk!
Thanks. I've been checking in occasionally reading posts here, but mainly I was busy with other stuff.
Like, who isn't these days :lol:

We're not playing with the band because of the whole c*vid malarkay, but I've been busy doing videos on
my new Instagram account, which is a lot of fun.

And in case you want to check that out, by all means please do:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSmNAzKntQ ... _copy_link

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:01 pm

My original BOSS BCB60 board from 1983/4 was a PSM5, TU12H, SD1, DF2, CE3, BF2, DD2.
Everything but the tuner was sold off in the early 90s as I went down a rabbit hole of other pedals, mostly older EH, some x08 and X09 Ibanez, MuTron, some MXR and A/DA.
I have bought back all of the above BOSS (MIJ), and then some (a LOT some! :lol: ) in the last 15 years! Many of my friends know me as the BOSS pedal guy. haha. I wear that with pride! (Same goes for 76-94 Peavey amps and instruments, but that's another forum ;) )
That original TU12H was moved to my big board in the mid 90s and continues to reside there, but I have bought 3 more TU12H for other BCB60 boards and for my work bench. I really like that needle for intonation, and I really like the LED indicators for live use. Great tuner. I do have TU2 and TU3 tuners, too. Also legendary.

Doesn't take a genius to realize that BOSS made a top notch pedal that is not only great sounding, but super reliable. Plus, the color scheme motif is also super cool! Call it a mid-life crisis, but having some BOSS pedals is not nearly as typical and outwardly as buying a red Corvette. hahahahahahahaha

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 am

bigtone23 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:01 pm
Call it a mid-life crisis
I hear you. Went through my BMLC (Boss Mid Life Crisis) about 12 years ago :?

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:15 am

laurie wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 am
bigtone23 wrote:
Man, I don't know how long you guys figure you're going to live, but my mid-life was probably about 18 years ago!
:|

I'm really impressed that Bigtone23 remembers exactly what was on his pedal board in 1983! 8-)

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:14 am

fernieite wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:15 am
laurie wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 am
bigtone23 wrote:
Man, I don't know how long you guys figure you're going to live, but my mid-life was probably about 18 years ago!
:|

I'm really impressed that Bigtone23 remembers exactly what was on his pedal board in 1983! 8-)
Ha! It was my first real pedalboard, a monumental rite of passage! I played the heck out of it, and spent many, many hours looking at it doing so. It's burned in my mind! I can still see it on the ground at the practice space, my Ibanez PR1440 plugged into it (with a Whirlwind Constrictor cable) and my Peavey Classic VTX downstream (with a Rapco Belden/Switchcraft cable).
Great rig, the Peavey had an amazing sounding phaser built into it, and I used the channel switching just for lead/rhythm levels. Used the pedals for dirt--the SD1 boosting the DF2. It was quite flexible for the cover bands I was in.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:57 pm

I let go my SYB-5 years ago and rebuy one last year.

visserman

Post by visserman » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:13 pm

Dirk wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:33 pm
Only a BF-2, because I found it for a bargain price of 32 euros, and an ODB-3 cause I had one when I started playing in '95 and in hindsight it makes for a super cool synthy vibe. Back then I sold it in favour of some Ampeg preamp.
My only regret now is the Tech21 doubledrive I send away in a CPEWT, I'm waiting patiently for Visserman to sell it back to me! :lol:
Dirk just logged in after not having been here for a while. I think I send you a pm suggesting you can can borrow it, but you have not given me a reply. :o

People may get fed up with what they have or may not use it too much. If you keep it you can always get back to using it again.
Hmm, everyone does have their own reasons why they will sell or not.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Oh ! And a DD-3 : get one / sold it / get one / sold it / get a DD-7 / kept.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 pm

Whilst I've not necessarily totally repopulated my pedalboard(s) with BOSS I have been on a spending roll this year with repurchases/duplicates and additional. 

Prices in Japan are relatively static (inflation free), but certain items are rising with collectability/famous user association. Unless a reissue arrives or WAZA , and as the popularity of collecting them ever increases, within reason I push the budget a little. Chances may not exist further down the line ;)

So far:

Repurchase and to keep:
- PQ-4 
- OC-2 (a nice 1984 arrived last night to complement the "Octaver" pair and it may go straight on the board!, twice the price of the Octavers would you believe)
- FZ-3 x 2 (lucky to find them these days at reasonable prices, RHCP Frusciante price hike!)
- FT-2 Dynamic Filter (the most recent rapid price hike, up to $300-400 :o I was immensely lucky to find one for much less. Viewing this link https://equipboard.com/items/boss-ft-2- ... -wah-pedal I am assuming its rapid ascent into unobtainable is due to the RHCP once again and in a completely different use context, Kevin Shields of MBV. For the latter reason I may have a play with it on my board!)

Duplicates/updates

- DD-2 (No.3!)
- OD-1 x 2 (SS and BS)
- VB-2
- DS-1 (SS)
- TW-1 (SS) + Touch Wah (SS to fix)
- PH-2 MIJ + MIT
- CE-2 (SS)[/list]

In all fairness they do all sound great and for pure practicality versus sound are hard to beat.

Currently a DD-7 (reverse mode), PN-2 and RV-2 are on the board and my minty new OC-2 will be to! :)