The Unobtainable Ones

Old_Iron

Re: The Unobtainable Ones

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:17 pm

Since this is about a very difficult to find, or a myth, I brought it here in order to not start a new topic unnecessarily.

My list of missing variants is getting skinny and these 2 individuals are starting to look like uninvited old men in a sweet sixteen party. :o

Have you ever seen these pedal variants, are they for real?

HR-2 dark grey label.

PS-3 dark grey label.

Like the HM-2 green label, I think I've been chasing ghosts for a long time.
Last edited by Old_Iron on Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:18 pm

They are for very sure real. People have always been swapping pedal bottom plates, that's why! ;)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Pepe wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:18 pm
They are for very sure real. People have always been swapping pedal bottom plates, that's why! ;)
:lol: Yeah, and making me crazy looking for teeth in a chicken.

Thumbscrews and bottom plates are the source of most confusions in collecting Boss pedals, they are ease to swap and creates misinformation.

The thing is, the Boss Area and the Stomp Box Zone website, states that they do exists, I am once more putting in doubt that information. I dare them to prove it!

https://www.stompboxzone.com/wiki/index ... fter/Delay
https://bossarea.com/boss-ps-3-digital- ... ter-delay/

https://www.stompboxzone.com/wiki/index ... _Harmonist
https://bossarea.com/boss-hr-2-harmonist/

The green label HM-2 is still in the BossArea site. Again, I dare them to prove it with more then one unit, of course!

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:53 pm

How much would you pay for this excellent SP-1 black screw, 065000, with box and manual?

I just participate in a biding for it, gave up after it reached my limit (way lower than the final price), but the biding went on up to ~US$ 750.00 !!! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Would you pay that amount?

If I had payed that, plus shipment, taxes and fees, it would had cost me ~US$ 1,000.00. Madness.
Last edited by Old_Iron on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:14 pm

Nope. No chance.

If I want that sound again I would try to purchase a KORG PEQ-1 again. I had one years ago. It is like an SP-1 with an added Bandwidth knob. I shouldn't have sold it.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Pepe wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:14 pm
Nope. No chance.

If I want that sound again I would try to purchase a KORG PEQ-1 again. I had one years ago. It is like an SP-1 with an added Bandwidth knob. I shouldn't have sold it.
Yeah, I would love to have it, but for the collection, not to use it.

Among the so called holy trinity, SP-1, SG-1 and VB-2, only the VB-2 is really a good (very good!) effect to actually be used.

But, again, I would love to add it to my collection, it is the only missing variant in my vintage SP-1 family, I have a silver screw pcb version A (first batch), and a silver screw pcb version B, missing is that black screw pcb version B.

Analog Sound Channel

Post by Analog Sound Channel » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:53 am

Hey guys, have you ever seen one of those pedals "in person"?

For a collector like myself who wants to have them all one day, it's very frustrating to know that probably I will never have one of those... :(

Does it bothers you guys ?

And here they are, the unobtainable Boss pedals:

And I think this one too is going to be a missing one, or at least a very hard ($$$$$$) one to acquire: :evil:

For me a simple PH-1 is impossible, I've always been afraid of importing through ebay, because as far as I know it's forbidden to import used products here in Brazil, I'm afraid of importing and losing money.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:30 pm

Analog Sound Channel wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:53 am
For me a simple PH-1 is impossible, I've always been afraid of importing through ebay, because as far as I know it's forbidden to import used products here in Brazil, I'm afraid of importing and losing money.
If that is true, I am a big criminal. :lol:

It is not forbidden to import used products here in Brazil, you can buy from ebay sellers, the only problem is the high cost to do it for us, Brazilians.

The currency (Real) is very undervalued, the shipment from Japan (best place to buy vintage Boss pedals) is expensive and the import tax is 60% over the sum of the shipment and the pedal price. :o

I bought more than half of my collection from Japan, the only problem regarding Brazil's aduana I ever had was at the beginning of the pandemic, they retained my SY-1 for 10 month and then returned it to the seller in Japan, the seller shipped it back to me and after almost one year I received it. :(

mjd78

Post by mjd78 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:00 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm
Hey guys, have you ever seen one of those pedals "in person"?

For a collector like myself who wants to have them all one day, it's very frustrating to know that probably I will never have one of those... :(

Does it bothers you guys ?

And here they are, the unobtainable Boss pedals:

And I think this one too is going to be a missing one, or at least a very hard ($$$$$$) one to acquire: :evil:

Luckily my OCD mind has not made me need to have these rare pedals. I got the TB-2W, but the top 5 I can live without. I also avoided the impulse to get all of the Waza Craft versions that are essentially remakes, I just bought the new ones. If they came upon for sale, I would snatch them in a heartbeat but LUCKILY, for my own sanity, I can live without them...

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:42 pm

mjd78 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:00 pm
... but LUCKILY, for my own sanity, I can live without them...
Yeah, that's what you think NOW. :mrgreen: