The Unobtainable Ones

Old_Iron

The Unobtainable Ones

Post by Old_Iron » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Hey guys, have you ever seen one of those pedals "in person"?

For a collector like myself who wants to have them all one day, it's very frustrating to know that probably I will never have one of those... :(

Does it bothers you guys ?

And here they are, the unobtainable Boss pedals:

And I think this one too is going to be a missing one, or at least a very hard ($$$$$$) one to acquire: :evil:

Last edited by Old_Iron on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: The Unobtainable Ones

Post by Pepe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 pm

I am a player, so the five on the top leave me completely cold. I can purchase any of these in normal colour scheme anytime if I want.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 pm
I am a player, so the five on the top leave me completely cold. I can purchase any of these in normal colour scheme anytime if I want.
I understand you, but thinking only as a player, I would have something from another brand, better than those pedals.

I value them because they are from Boss, and as a Boss collector I want them ever so desperately.

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Wasn’t there someone on one of the previous incarnations of this forum who had a couple of those ultra rare pedals? Can’t remember who now but I’m sure I remember someone getting hold of some of them.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:41 pm

Yes, that was a member called "rychehed", who was banned after a while, because of forum rule violations. He had pretty much all of these models, but sold them all at eBay or Reverb.

And Tim "Greeny" Green from formerly Toyroom FX shared a few pictures of them as well, I think (but as far as I know he didn't own them).
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:41 pm
Yes, that was a member called "rychehed", who was banned after a while, because of forum rule violations. He had pretty much all of these models, but sold them all at eBay or Reverb.

And Tim "Greeny" Green from formerly Toyroom FX shared a few pictures of them as well, I think (but as far as I know he didn't own them).
BearBoy wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm
Wasn’t there someone on one of the previous incarnations of this forum who had a couple of those ultra rare pedals? Can’t remember who now but I’m sure I remember someone getting hold of some of them.
Lucky bastards! :shock:

Here is a small list of some model variants that are also very difficult to find, and if you guys knows another one as rare as these, please post.

SP-1 Black screw - produced from MAR 1981 to NOV 1981 (9 months)
PH-1 Black screw - produced from MAR 1981 to NOV 1981 (9 months)
GE-6 Black screw - produced from MAR 1981 to JUN 1981 (4 months) !!!
SG-1 Black screw, short dash - produced from JAN 1982 to FEB 1982 (2 months) !!!
SD-1 Silver screw - produced in FEB 1981 and maybe MAR 1981 (1 or 2 months) !!!

And, of course, all silver screws from the very first batch of production, believe me because those ones I know how hard to find they are.

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Good to know that my PH-1 black screw is rare. I was going to sell it to get the silver screw version... I will probably sell it anyway since I want the oldest versions. Having all the versions is an endless quest that I can't afford lol!!!

The SD-1 silver screw will be a tough one to get. I still believe that finding it will just be pure luck.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:59 pm

sebastien32 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 pm
Good to know that my PH-1 black screw is rare. I was going to sell it to get the silver screw version... I will probably sell it anyway since I want the oldest versions. Having all the versions is an endless quest that I can't afford lol!!!

The SD-1 silver screw will be a tough one to get. I still believe that finding it will just be pure luck.
The SD-1 silver screw (0300 FEB 1981) is the only one I have from that list, and it was acquired after a constant, every day, search over the ebay a few years ago.

I don't know why I put this idea to collect them all in my head, sometimes I want to give up and sell all the variants of a model that I have (45), but to me it's difficult even to sell the spare ones... :lol:

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:59 pm
sebastien32 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 pm

The SD-1 silver screw (0300 FEB 1981) is the only one I have from that list, and it was acquired after a constant, every day, search over the ebay a few years ago.

I don't know why I put this idea to collect them all in my head, sometimes I want to give up and sell all the variants of a model that I have (45), but to me it's difficult even to sell the spare ones... :lol:
I will trade you my black screw ph-1 if you have an extra silver screw one ;-)

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:25 pm

sebastien32 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm
I will trade you my black screw ph-1 if you have an extra silver screw one ;-)
I would love that, but I only have one. Shame on me. :mrgreen: