New Boss Anniversary pedals

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: New Boss Anniversary pedals

Post by Pepe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Old_Iron wrote: To be brutally honest, and risking to look like a rant person, I disagree with you all, guys.
:lol:

Old_Iron wrote:Enough of this commemorative edition, waza edition, collaborative edition, edition edition...
Waza Craft is awesome. I like that approach, especially because they are producing them in Japan again and for today's players those pedals are the chance to finally get their hands on quite monumental BOSS effects that would otherwise be out of reach.

Further collaborative editions could be awesome. I really hated to see that they bonded with JHS for the JB-2. I was excited when the Sola Sound TB-2w was announced. Should they ever collaborate with corporations that are cool and creative in my book, I'd like to see the outcome of that.

Old_Iron wrote:I want the "Innovative sound solutions" Boss was famous for in the past.
Well, it's difficult to imagine what could be innovative these days. Everything has already been done that is possible with both analogue and digital circuits. For example BOSS hasn't done a pure ring modulator, but as much as I'd love to see it, it isn't innovative these days (and it hadn't been in the '80s, either). The MO-2 and TE-2 were the last real innovations, but they were based on already existing effect models. We're pretty much at the end of the innovation rope, I fear. There are some rare exceptions, but to be honest: everything is based on stuff that was already done in the last two decades.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Hey Pepe,

I think you are looking only to the bright side of it.

I agree with you that some re-releasing (like some in the waza line) are useful for some people and collaborative ventures could provide us with some good tools, no doubt.

But I am here looking to a line of shelfs with pedals in my collection that, with the exception of the VO-1 and SY-1, and maybe the AD-2 and MO-2, it is composed of re-editions and small improvements in models that a musician can buy early models used for much less, only collectors are "forced" by our own selfs to buy it.

There is no shortage of useful classical models (not talking about SP-1 and SG-1 that only collectors want those things) over the e-markets around the globe, and some expensive ones, like the VB-2, have clones made by other builders, so musicians can not say they are prevented to have that tool.

Think about it, after the TE-2, the 100th model released, we have 33 models!

And only 3 or 4 can be called an innovation, its too much greed from Boss.

About innovations, I see every day new pedals being reviewed by youtubers that could be a nice new Boss pedal, like on board power amps, high voltage distortions that sparkles in a front display (I didn't like it, but looks cool), etc.

It's the overdoing of it that I'm complaining about.

The whole waza craft line could be just new models, SD-3, BD-3, DM-5, VB-3, CE-6, TU-5, MT-3, DC-5 and HM-5.

No need to be made in Japan, the waza craft is marketing and nothing more then that.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:50 pm

After all that and what I said - guess who went and bought the anniversary pedals ? I have no will power and just can’t help myself ! :lol: :lol:

And, to make matters worse, I’ve ordered a HM-2W :roll: Probably not long before the fickle finger of fate temps me with a TB-2W ;)

20032304-4C85-4EF3-A38F-AE1E0A93C4C3.jpeg
20032304-4C85-4EF3-A38F-AE1E0A93C4C3.jpeg (370.47 KiB) Viewed 5886 times

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Congrats Doc, and I will do the same, but even so I am deeply disappointed with Boss for treating us like spoiled kids that buys every thing they release, just to have "the other color of it".

I will hate myself when the day that I will buy the 40th Years Box comes to be, and I know it will...😫

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Maybe I bought them just so that I could start a new shelf of pedals marked ‘The Anniversary Ones”.

PS: Oh…I just did that :roll:

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:21 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm
Maybe I bought them just so that I could start a new shelf of pedals marked ‘The Anniversary Ones”.

We, die hard collectors, are sillies. :P

Have you ever counted the wazas (MIT and MIJ), the BKs, the 3As and 4As, it's about 20 pedals!

2027 is coming, beware the 50th anniversary box and the 5As.

Plus the variants of every model...

OK, I admit, I am a sick person and I need help. :oops:

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:21 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Have you ever counted the wazas (MIT and MIJ), the BKs, the 3As and 4As, it's about 20 pedals!

2027 is coming, beware the 50th anniversary box and the 5As.

Plus the variants of every model...

OK, I admit, I am a sick person and I need help. :oops:
:lol: :lol: You and me both ! Perhaps we should start a support group ‘Bossholics Anonymous’ :D

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm

“Tell us your story Doc”

“Well, it all started in Denmark Street, London in about 1978…I had just received my first credit card…”

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:09 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:53 pm
:lol: :lol: You and me both ! Perhaps we should start a support group ‘Bossholics Anonymous’ :D
That would very fast turn into a buyers group, we have no hope. ;)

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:21 pm
When I got to 330 pedals in the collection with a database of all the variations i was chasing... I realized I had a problem :)

Back down to about 20 or 30 pedals now.