Waza Craft - here's a thought...

SamXTherapy

Waza Craft - here's a thought...

Post by SamXTherapy » Wed May 19, 2021 12:48 pm

Much as I would love the BF-2 and/or PH-1r to get the Waza magic, it occurred to me there's one glaring omission from the Waza line. The humble GE-7.

Now, before you get to throwing things at me, hear me out. Yes, it's a simple enough pedal but it's been around since forever and one of the complaints is that it's very noisy. There are several people out there who will mod the stock GE-7 to give it a much lower noise floor but, since they moved production to SMT, this is no longer an option. There are only so many of the older types around and sooner or later, they'll not be available, modded, or otherwise.

Good though it is, many other companies now make Graphic EQs that many users reckon are better all round than the GE-7, so I reckon the time is right to give the old workhorse a facelift. I have absolutely no idea what they could add for a custom mode, maybe an extra few dB on the range, but at +/- 16 either way, it's already got plenty.
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Waza Craft - here's a thought...

Post by Pepe » Wed May 19, 2021 3:57 pm

I think you are right, but I think that a PQ-4w might be a cooler choice. With a switch on the back to make it a PQ-3Bw (without the noise of the original model).
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Thu May 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Pepe wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:57 pm
I think you are right, but I think that a PQ-4w might be a cooler choice. With a switch on the back to make it a PQ-3Bw (without the noise of the original model).
Agreed 100%. I've been saying that for years. I'd dig a GE-7w/GEB-7w too though. Hheck, they have a Waza Tuner, why not an EQ?
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:22 pm

A Waza GE or PQ would make a lot of sense.

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Wed May 26, 2021 12:20 am

EQ rules

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:45 pm

Let's go back to our guessing game.

At the begin I though the waza line would be a finite thing, Boss was surfing in the pedal mods hype and the vintage model hype.

It would be a closed line with a representative (or two) of each type of effect from inside of the Boss compact line.

But now, after the TB-2W and the new FZ-1W, two pedals that came from outside of the traditional Boss line, the sky is the limit.

Still, there are a few types of effects that are not represented yet in the waza line: flanger (BF-2W or HF-2W), phaser (PH-2W), tremolo/pan (PN-2W), equalizer (PQ-4W or GE-7W), octave (OC-2W), noise supressor (NS-2W) and the secretly awaited by many (like myself) DS-1W.

Maybe something from another manufacturer, like the TB-2W, someone like Dunlop/MXR, Electro Harmonix, DOD, Klon, Ibanez/Maxxon...

A green painted Boss TS-8W would be a BIG surprise!

Or even something completely new, like a digital pedal to be put at the end of the pedal chain to simulate amplifiers, cabinets, mics... A dual circuit, stereo IN and stereo OUT, with impulse response, stereo headphone output... Like a pair of Mooer Radar squeezed in a Boss box and something more. I think this would be an useful tool and would sell well.

Any other thoughts?

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:01 pm

I’m still waiting for a Univibe. MXR managed it in a compact pedal format.

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Or even something completely new, like a digital pedal to be put at the end of the pedal chain to simulate amplifiers, cabinets, mics... A dual circuit, stereo IN and stereo OUT, with impulse response, stereo headphone output... Like a pair of Mooer Radar squeezed in a Boss box and something more. I think this would be an useful tool and would sell well.
Didn't they just announce something along those lines?

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Still, there are a few types of effects that are not represented yet in the waza line: flanger (BF-2W or HF-2W), phaser (PH-2W), tremolo/pan (PN-2W), equalizer (PQ-4W or GE-7W), octave (OC-2W), noise supressor (NS-2W) and the secretly awaited by many (like myself) DS-1W.
I think a phaser or flanger would be a fairly logical choice, and something I'd be quite interested in. I'd also be up for a PN-2w.

There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to the Waza releases though (some are improved reissues, some improved versions of current pedals and some something totally new) so the next release could literally be anything :lol:

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:19 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:01 pm
I’m still waiting for a Univibe. MXR managed it in a compact pedal format.
That would be nice Doc.
BearBoy wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:03 pm
Didn't they just announce something along those lines?
I was not aware of this pedal release, maybe because I don't care much for other Boss pedal lines.

Well, too bad it is not in the compact line, and no Stereo IN, you can only use stereo pedals inside the loop, but maybe it isn't a big problem after all.
BearBoy wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm
I think a phaser or flanger would be a fairly logical choice, and something I'd be quite interested in. I'd also be up for a PN-2w.

There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to the Waza releases though (some are improved reissues, some improved versions of current pedals and some something totally new) so the next release could literally be anything
Agreed.

Oh, I forgot to mention, a waza reverb.