Missed an awesome deal on a SG-1

sebastien32

Missed an awesome deal on a SG-1

Post by sebastien32 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:49 am

A silver screw SG-1 popped on Facebook Marketplace saturday in an ad where the guy was selling a bunch of pedals. I was 1 hour too late. It was the first pedal to be sold! I was curious and asked the guy how much he got for. The answer: 60$CND (which is around 45$USD) :o :o :o. The guy had no clue about the value of that pedal. I almost cried lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this story... There's still good deal to be made apparently... if you're lucky.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Missed an awesome deal on a SG-1

Post by Pepe » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:04 pm

No way! :shock:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:32 pm

sebastien32 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:49 am
Anyway, I just wanted to share this story...
Err... "thanks" ? :shock:

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Wow, great score for someone on a very expensive pedal! Too bad you didn't get it.

I almost thought of joining facebook to get on their marketplace; but that's never gonna happen. :evil:
I'm an old fart who has no social media accounts. (Unless guitar forms are considered in the same catagory)

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:09 am

fernieite wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:12 pm
Wow, great score for someone on a very expensive pedal! Too bad you didn't get it.

I almost thought of joining facebook to get on their marketplace; but that's never gonna happen. :evil:
I'm an old fart who has no social media accounts. (Unless guitar forms are considered in the same catagory)
You're not missing much, it's the wild wild west, and the provenance of things you can find there can be exceptionally questionable in my opinion. The sheer number of brand new Milwaukee power tools is staggering. Kijiji (in Canada anyways, and I suppose that is questionable provenance too) for local cash purchases, and eBay or Reverb for remote via PayPal - I wouldn't touch Facebook marketplace for anything not within driving distance. Facebook buy/sell groups are better, since at least there is some moderation going on, but the marketplace just seems lawless. I dunno, maybe I'm getting old too :D

-Scott

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:49 pm

All my best deals were from either Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji. This is where you can find people that just want to get rid of things that they don't know much about. You rarely see that on Reverb.

I just got a FT-2 from FB marketplace for 120$ (go try to find one under 400$ on Reverb!). It was an hour drive so I ask the guy to ship it and I even pay upfront. I do this frequently and I never had problems. I feel that guitar pedals selling/buying is not prone to scams like it is for buying Playstation 5 for example. Maybe i'm just lucky.

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm

i am a big fan of the bargain, but i dont think i could take a really collectable pedal off someone for 1/10th of its value (unless they looked like a jerk)

1/2 maybe, 2/3 definitely, but not less than half
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue May 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Well, I managed to snag a VB-2 for 15 EUR (no typo!) in 2015 ... I just wished I had kept it, but my wife was unemployed at that time and we needed money.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 am

Pepe wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:30 pm
15 EUR (no typo!)
Errr.... hmmmm... BUGGER ME