Boss DS-2 turbo knob problem

sebastien32

Boss DS-2 turbo knob problem

Post by sebastien32 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi I just bought DS-2 (MIJ). The Turbo knob seems to have a problem. I can go further right past mode 2 If I force it just a little bit. Past mode 2, I can make the knob do another 1/4 turn until it stops (around 4 o'clock). My OD-2 which has the same control can't do that. It doesn't seems to create sound problem since the pedal stay in mode 2 even if I go past noon.

I opened the pedal and the only potential problem that I see is that around that switch, there's a blue plastic part that seems to be cracked and when I force the knob, that plastic part crack is opening a little bit. Somebody probably force it in the past and broke that plastic part.

Has anybody had that kind of problem with boss pedals having a "mode" knob? (OD-2, DS-2, CE-3,...)

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Boss DS-2 turbo knob problem

Post by Pepe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Not so good. You don't happen to live in Europe*, or do you? I have spare parts of a PH-2. If you show us a picture of the knob and its specifications, I can see if the same knob was used in the PH-2 and send it to you.

*Shipping parts overseas in small padded envelopes isn't possible anymore for private users, so shipping to the USA would be 16 EUR.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:08 am

I kinda like that , as long as its still completely functional, I just find it fitting for a DS-2 to have some damage on it!

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:25 pm

chromandre wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:08 am
I kinda like that , as long as its still completely functional, I just find it fitting for a DS-2 to have some damage on it!
Kurt Cobain fan much? :lol:
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Pepe wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm
Not so good. You don't happen to live in Europe*, or do you? I have spare parts of a PH-2. If you show us a picture of the knob and its specifications, I can see if the same knob was used in the PH-2 and send it to you.

*Shipping parts overseas in small padded envelopes isn't possible anymore for private users, so shipping to the USA would be 16 EUR.
No i'm from Canada. Thank you for the offer. I think I will not fix it since it works perfectly. The 4 controls are mounted on a circuit board and removing this switch seems to be a pain. I will leave it alone.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:41 am

In Canada, e-mail parts@roland.ca. They are very, very helpful.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 am

If you happen to be in Calgary and you get a replacement switch from Roland, I can fit it for you if you like...

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 pm

Gasgano wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:41 am
In Canada, e-mail parts@roland.ca. They are very, very helpful.
I email them twice for other parts and both time they replied something like this: "We do not stock parts in Canada. The ETA may be up to a few months. You may order through us or your local Roland or Boss dealer. However, I recommend a dealer as they often sell/ship for less"
laurie wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 am
If you happen to be in Calgary and you get a replacement switch from Roland, I can fit it for you if you like...
Thank you but i'm from Montreal, That would be a loooooong drive ;-)