A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Re: A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

Post by sclitheroe » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 pm

laurie wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 am
That is CAD$543
For $100 more I could get a Fender Pro Junior in tweed... or ... a ... boss ... fuzz

Or a Fender Excelsior off of Reverb, which is what I really have a hankering for..

https://www.long-mcquade.com/98823/Guit ... -Tweed.htm

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:11 am

We are clearly living in a parallel universe.

sebastien32

Post by sebastien32 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 pm

laurie wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 am
That is CAD$543

Madness.

No prices at local stores here yet.
I managed to reserve one from Moog audio here in Montreal. it's 499$ + taxes... so it's 574$ CAD :-(. I don't have to much hope and i'm sure that my order will be cancelled but right now, it's still active and the cash has been taken from my credit card.

laurie

Post by laurie » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:25 am

sebastien32 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 pm
I managed to reserve one from Moog audio here in Montreal. it's 499$ + taxes... so it's 574$ CAD :-(. I don't have to much hope and i'm sure that my order will be cancelled but right now, it's still active and the cash has been taken from my credit card.
Wishing you all the luck possible.

71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am

I got one around 9 am the day they were released in North America through Musician's Friend. Confirmation email and back-order email received the next day or so. I chatted a customer service rep and they confirmed that my order was indeed processed and that it will ship March 10th.

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 am

Lucky you! And welcome back to the (new) forum! :D
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm

71Smallbox wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am
I got one around 9 am the day they were released in North America through Musician's Friend. Confirmation email and back-order email received the next day or so. I chatted a customer service rep and they confirmed that my order was indeed processed and that it will ship March 10th.
Welcome back to the forum 71Smallbox and really hope that you manage to get one.

I have heard from a number of people now, that their orders have been cancelled because the select band of dealers won’t have the stock to fulfill their orders. This is pretty rubbish (I have many gripes which I won’t bore you all with here) and I hope Boss never run a product launch like this again. To announce the release on Instagram or whatever, completely out of the blue, made it a complete lottery and a gift to the scalpers.

The brilliant CE-2 turned me onto Boss pedals when it first came out and, all these years later, the equally brilliant (probably), TB-2W may well turn me off Boss pedals ! I’ve had enough and I might as well give up if it’s going to be like this in future.

laurie

Post by laurie » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:30 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm
I hope Boss never run a product launch like this again. To announce the release on Instagram or whatever, completely out of the blue, made it a complete lottery and a gift to the scalpers.
Alas, I believe that this is the "way of the world" these days. I've seen this so many times with other products - sneakers/trainers being a most obvious one.

It seems that it is we old farts who are out of step.

laurie

Post by laurie » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:31 pm

And welcome back 71Smallbox!

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:38 pm

laurie wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:30 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm
I hope Boss never run a product launch like this again. To announce the release on Instagram or whatever, completely out of the blue, made it a complete lottery and a gift to the scalpers.
Alas, I believe that this is the "way of the world" these days. I've seen this so many times with other products - sneakers/trainers being a most obvious one.

It seems that it is we old farts who are out of step.
Yep - I think you are right Laurie. I even contacted Boss direct and they really weren’t interested in helping anyone who wasn’t watching Instagram when they launched it - in fact they seemed to be encouraging and actually enjoying the frantic scramble going on. I am indeed an old fart ! :lol: :lol: :lol: