A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Re: A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

Post by Gasgano » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm

500$ for a fuzz? That's not steep, that's robbery.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:00 pm

PMT have advised me that my order has been cancelled as they have taken more orders than they can supply and no more stock is available. I am not happy. It looks like after decades of collecting these things I’ve fallen foul of a new marketing strategy that punishes loyal customers who aren’t quick enough to order ! That’s the collection knackered then !

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Ah, no. Sorry to hear that Doc. Suspect many of these will end up in the hands of scalpers and will be on eBay etc soon after launch, no doubt for a not insignificant mark up though...

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:51 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:00 pm
PMT have advised me that my order has been cancelled as they have taken more orders than they can supply and no more stock is available. I am not happy. It looks like after decades of collecting these things I’ve fallen foul of a new marketing strategy that punishes loyal customers who aren’t quick enough to order ! That’s the collection knackered then !
Boss doesn't care about you. It's a total marketing exercise, create 3000 pedals, recoup ALL of their costs through exorbitant pricing, and get a couple weeks spotlight in the news cycle driving people to their website to see the pedals they can actually get their hands on. That's the entirety of what this is, and its admittedly pretty clever to be able to do some marketing that pays for itself.

If they really cared about loyal customers, they'd have a fan club with a lottery, or a waiting list, or any of a million ways to engage with their fans to put the pedals into the hands of people that care. But that's not what this pedal is about.

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:28 pm

For 12 years I've been surprised that Boss hasn't become part of our forum(s). A single small act of kindness towards one of us and they would have a whack of brand ambassadors...

sclitheroe

Post by sclitheroe » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:47 am

laurie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:28 pm
For 12 years I've been surprised that Boss hasn't become part of our forum(s). A single small act of kindness towards one of us and they would have a whack of brand ambassadors...
If I'm not mistaken, someone from Boss made a post or two on one of the forum iterations of the board, many years ago, never to be heard from again.

sclitheroe

Post by sclitheroe » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:28 pm

Couple other tidbits/thoughts I found on TGP that are interesting:

- Long & McQuade in Canada (85 stores across the country, and apparently the 5th largest music retailer in the world) is getting 25 units - they haven't put up the sales info online yet because they haven't decided which stores are getting them. I have a friend that works at L&M, I should see if he has any inside info to confirm this.

- Lots of moaning, the same as us, about the lack of notice and general snafu involved in ordering one, due to unknown quantities going to vendors, timezone differences, etc

- An interesting perspective I read on TGP - while we are kind of bemoaning the cost and limited selection, someone at TGP was like "Boss is great, and they believe they are the best at everything they do. So when they decide to do boutique, of course its going to be rare, and ultra expensive - it's more boutique than boutique"

- Another common sentiment seemed to be that the pricing is borderline justified because Boss is the most collectible of brands

- Tone Bender snobs are apparently used to paying through the nose for Tone Benders and their clones, none of those people were shocked at the pricing

- Someone pointed out that a BD-2w is already $160 US, and that got me thinking - the average price of a new Boss release has really crept up hasn't it? What's the last pedal Boss has released that has been less than $150 or $160, I can't think of many?

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Well... well... welders.

What I know is that I have a guy in Japan, I talked to him, every thing was set, up and done, I was willing to pay the price, and he missed.

The same thing happened there, it was suddenly put for sale and quickly went sold out.

🤬 x 1000

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:33 pm

I haven't bought a new Boss pedal for probably 5 years.

One of the reasons I moved to the Fractal AX8 was that it was cheaper than a good pedal-board. For what I need, it's enough.

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 pm

It’s not just me that’s p*ssed off then ! The more I hear about this the more angry I get.