A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

71Smallbox

Re: A new Wazacraft pedal is on the way

Post by 71Smallbox » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:08 pm

It's great to be back on this forum.

I agree with how this pedal was rolled out, it was horrible. I've been checking daily since December for pre-orders on a google search, which didn't alert me to it. The only way I found out was from a pedal group on Facebook where Europeans were talking about how it was released and where to buy it. I did another google search to no avail, so I headed to the Gear Page and saw only 2 North American sites were offering it, MF an ZZounds. I got lucky but many did not. Its unfortunate for real Boss enthusiasts that the scalpers got there first.

71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:55 pm

I found some that seem to still be available in NA:
https://www.georgesmusic.com/boss-tb-2w ... ition.html

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:00 pm

Hmmmm....

"The website is currently undergoing maintenance and the shopping cart is currently not available. Please check back later"

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:20 pm

It was fine a couple of hours back.

Boogieman
SBZ: Bronze

Post by Boogieman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:23 am

The_Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:10 pm
It’s not just me that’s p*ssed off then ! The more I hear about this the more angry I get.
Sorry to hear that.

They lost me with the 40th Anniversary Box a few years back. Once I learned of the price tag for a TB-2W, I knew I would not order one, let alone having to deal with the frenzy. I told myself: it's just a pedal FFS. :lol:

Went to my local L&M today and had a chat with someone there (I won't reveal which store and what position is that employee). It seems the various forum chats concerning L&M's quota of 25 units is true. The stores that have accepted pre-order(s) will enter a draw on a certain date. The first 25 stores drawn will get 1 unit each.

I wish I had asked if each L&M store is only allowed to accept one pre-order. I was there for another matter which was way more pressing (and $$$). With the COVID restrictions limiting the number of customers in store , I did not want to stay in a store longer than I have to be. I suspect there must be a certain amount of interests on the TB-2W, otherwise the employee would not have brought it up.

If the L&M stores were allowed to take more than one pre-order, I wonder if the customers would know if they are #1 or else in line when they placed the order, because technically only the first customer who pre-ordered would get it, and only if their store was drawn. It seems this might create a situation similar to airlines overbooking their flights, except that those who get the bump will never get the pedal. I hope L&M would issue a full refund to those who missed out, rather than giving a store credit.

I forgot if I had mentioned this before, but a Mk.II Tone Bender clone with OC-75 has long been on my GAS list. I had one with AC-125 and would like to try one with OC-75 to see if it would sound "fatter". There are builders out there who build them. Most of the examples I have seen do not get close to TB-2W price-wise.

I hope Boss is not going to pull a similar stunt with the forthcoming HM-2 reissue, or any other products. Selling out a small lot (at least by Boss standards) of pedals almost instantly, while pissing off a whole lot of loyal customers should not be considered a successful marketing strategy.

Lame joke: I'd rather watch "Debbie Does Dallas" than "Boss Does Boutique". (Doc, I hope you feel better now)

I hope those who are lucky enough to score a TB-2W will receive a great sounding pedal that is well worth the trouble.

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:53 am

:lol: “Lame joke: I'd rather watch "Debbie Does Dallas" than "Boss Does Boutique". (Doc, I hope you feel better now)” :lol:

I do feel better now - thanks Boogieman !

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 am

Yes, same in Japan alas, pre-orders announced on one day, immediately sold out. Really disappointing. I'll have to make do with the recently rebought FZ-3! I'd always wanted (as I am sure many have) the Tonebender format in a BOSS unit size/features. I had in the past been tempted to mod the FZ-3 but as of late interest in BOSS fuzzes has sent prices really rather high. Can't be found!

visserman

Post by visserman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm
71Smallbox wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am
I got one around 9 am the day they were released in North America through Musician's Friend. Confirmation email and back-order email received the next day or so. I chatted a customer service rep and they confirmed that my order was indeed processed and that it will ship March 10th.
Welcome back to the forum 71Smallbox and really hope that you manage to get one.

I have heard from a number of people now, that their orders have been cancelled because the select band of dealers won’t have the stock to fulfill their orders. This is pretty rubbish (I have many gripes which I won’t bore you all with here) and I hope Boss never run a product launch like this again. To announce the release on Instagram or whatever, completely out of the blue, made it a complete lottery and a gift to the scalpers.

The brilliant CE-2 turned me onto Boss pedals when it first came out and, all these years later, the equally brilliant (probably), TB-2W may well turn me off Boss pedals ! I’ve had enough and I might as well give up if it’s going to be like this in future.
Look here Doc. is something like this much better? https://www.williamsaudio.co.uk/William ... -Tone.html
There prices are realistic. Heh do not get me wrong, I can see your point, The WazaTone bender would become part of the collection, but the way Boss deals with things now is simply outrageous.

Scott mentioned some vert interesting points about Boss using the whole issue as a marketing strategy.

I find it amazing how so many of you have been so enthusiastic about the whole Waza line-up. Is the whole Waza line-up not the beginning of what we see here now: Pedals which are way overprized for ..well what for really?? Want a better pedal? Just get your old Boss modified or get something else instead!

Here the real deal and in a way they are not that much more compared to the Boss one:

https://www.macaris.co.uk/sola-sound-pr ... ain/p/p173

Look what is inside them, I would like to believe that Laurie could build a great copy of this at a more realistic price!!
We all know here know why pedals like this go for that much eh?, because of their legacy and not because they sound soo amazing!

Some of you may feel I am missing the point here. My point is Boss pretends to be something unique which demands a premium price. Is it worth it?..

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:59 am

There's a Premier Guitar demo up on YouTube:

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:12 am

BearBoy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:59 am
There's a Premier Guitar demo up on YouTube:

I skipped the talking, but I pretty much enjoyed the playing. Not bad!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram