Can you hear the difference between any of these Delays, DD2 and DD3??

visserman

Can you hear the difference between any of these Delays, DD2 and DD3??

Post by visserman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:46 am

Just being very critical here because I seriously do not understand how some people check out reviews or demos:

Look at this one here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7lEBDvlhBU

Can you hear any difference?
Okay what is maybe missing is the version of the DD-3. Apart from that there is something else: The differences will show up in different settings and delay times.
Last edited by visserman on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Can you hear the difference between any of these Delays, DD2 and DD3??

Post by Pepe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

In this video by shnobel it is indeed not made clear which DD-3 version he used for the video. It might be a square chip model due to the colour of the labelling on the pedal. But it could also be a long chip MIJ DD-3, which makes it the same as a DD-2, so: absolutely zero difference in sound.

I once had a square chip model and I tested it against the long chip DD-3. The Taiwanese model was more sterile in tone and it made some plopping sounds at certain settings with high feedback rates.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

visserman

Post by visserman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 am

Pepe wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am
In this video by shnobel it is indeed not made clear which DD-3 version he used for the video. It might be a square chip model due to the colour of the labelling on the pedal. But it could also be a long chip MIJ DD-3, which makes it the same as a DD-2, so: absolutely zero difference in sound.

I once had a square chip model and I tested it against the long chip DD-3. The Taiwanese model was more sterile in tone and it made some plopping sounds at certain settings with high feedback rates.
The different version in not the biggest issue, yes it is there but it is using only ONE setting.

For your videos you demo various settings. The Boss DD can give you many, many sounds, and each of them will make your guitar sound different. I am not expecting people to go through all possible settings, but at least show some different ones which will give you away how they differ in sound.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Oh, that video goes on in the same way as the first minute?! I skipped the rest ... That's really a very strange approach for a comparison demo video.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

visserman

Post by visserman » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:01 pm
Oh, that video goes on in the same way as the first minute?! I skipped the rest ... That's really a very strange approach for a comparison demo video.
It is, he also has one about the whole DD range:
One setting and then the same but using distortion. Really, what does that show eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoO3FcxC0Y

Anyway, as said before, very hard to let people experience what you are hearing.