Boss OC-5 Octave *NEW BOSS PEDAL*

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Boss OC-5 Octave *NEW BOSS PEDAL*

Post by The_Doc » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 pm

I have been told...

“Our suppliers have advised that the first delivery of this new product will be with us at some point in October, although we do not have an exact delivery date just yet”

Notwithstanding the fact that I was disappointed on my special day :lol: , this is the one thing that really irritates me about Boss. They announce a new product and yet none of its dealers seem to have it in stock for weeks ! Why don’t they place the stock with their main dealers FIRST and then announce the launch? :roll: Surely it can’t be that difficult to do for a company the size and standing of Roland/Boss.

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Wellll... you may not have heard but there's this pandemic thing, which is causing all kinds of problems with deliveries all over the place. ;)
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:14 pm

This might be the case for this year's new products. The_Doc was talking about the launch of BOSS pedals in the last few years.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:25 pm

SamXTherapy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:57 pm
Wellll... you may not have heard but there's this pandemic thing, which is causing all kinds of problems with deliveries all over the place. ;)

Fair point, but, in my experience, it’s pretty well always been the same story (in the UK at least), each time they’ve launched a new compact pedal, it takes weeks before you can get hold of one.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:36 am

My OC-3 is up for sale. This has the exact function I required - can add only the lowest not you play, i.e sub for a bass guitar perfectly. Struggled with the OC-3 (though it was almost there with the "range" know), but this one is a winner, particularly as its a "POG killer" with the octave UP added. Perfect! Might be my first new BOSS pedal in years! (as in at new price ;) )

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:25 pm
SamXTherapy wrote:

Fair point, but, in my experience, it’s pretty well always been the same story (in the UK at least), each time they’ve launched a new compact pedal, it takes weeks before you can get hold of one.
That's because we're in the arse end of nowhere, compared to the US market.

Anyhow, if you think the wait time is long at the moment, you just wait until next year, when all those shiny new Boss pedals are stuck in a truck compound in Kent. :(
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am

SamXTherapy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:25 pm
SamXTherapy wrote:

That's because we're in the arse end of nowhere, compared to the US market.

Anyhow, if you think the wait time is long at the moment, you just wait until next year, when all those shiny new Boss pedals are stuck in a truck compound in Kent. :(
I think you are right ! They’ll have to stick a ‘perishable foods’ sticker on them :lol:

I was told a while ago that they came by container ship into the South West but, with the way things are going, that might not be the best route either :?

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:21 pm

My pedal was sent off today. Estimated delivery day is Monday.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:54 pm

It has arrived today! I haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I have to do that later tonight.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Aaaaand the pedal will be sent back soon. To say it with Laurie's words: sounds like arse. The octave up mode is a crappy sounding joke and the poly mode isn't really better than that of the OC-3. And I love the OC-3 for its two (guitar/bass) overdrive sounds. These are completely missing here. The only positive thing is that the range for the poly mode has been expanded. The "Lowest" mode is nice, but every second chord sounds wobbly. Very accurate playing is necessary to make it sound okay.

I'm very disappointed. It looked so fantastic on paper. :(