Boss OC-5 Octave *NEW BOSS PEDAL*

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Boss OC-5 Octave *NEW BOSS PEDAL*

Post by BearBoy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:48 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:51 pm
Thanks for the heads up Pepe on the OC-5. I intend to use it with a drive pedal and I’m wondering whether that will improve things.
I think it sounds pretty good in Rabea Massaad's demo (he uses a lot of dirt):

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Finally - it’s arrived ! :lol: :lol:

Let’s see what it’s like.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Don't expect wonders from the octave up mode. ;)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Had some time with the OC-5 now. As I mentioned before I used it with a drive pedal and thoroughly enjoyed myself ! It sounded a bit toppy but then I was playing it through a Sansamp into a JC-40. I couldn’t crank one of the tube amps but I’m sure it’s going to be good with the Marshall JVM set to stun :twisted:

The Poly mode is really interesting and, as Rabea Massaad's points out, the Range control is a great feature. With it you can balance the effect across different registers. Very useful and a lot of fun.

I did find the octave up mode rather thin and there more as an afterthought than a key part of the effect. It’s ok for adding a something a bit different in combination with the lower octaves but I certainly couldn’t see me using it on it’s own.

It won’t be going back because I’m a dedicated collector ( :lol: :lol: ), but, I think I would have kept it anyway.

jrh60

Post by jrh60 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:29 pm

> Sad thing that they ditched the dirt mode. That's one of the coolest functions of the OC-3.

Agreed - I use my OC3 to cover both my octave and fuzz needs for the cost of one pedal's amount of pedal board real estate