Anyone else tried RV-6?

chromandre

Anyone else tried RV-6?

Post by chromandre » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:28 am

Snagged one over the holidays :geek: . Honestly think this might be their best RV yet and I’m a die hard for the RV-3. very very pleased the RV-6 is overall darker than the RV-5. I was really not expecting to like shimmer but it’s wonderful with the tone rolled off, and another nice surprise is the delay + reverb mode features analog sim for delay! Thoughts? Fav of the bunch?

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Anyone else tried RV-6?

Post by BearBoy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:05 am

I bought one in the Summer and really like it. Having said that, it's actually the first reverb pedal I've ever owned :shock: so can't really compare it to any of the previous RVs.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:31 pm

I did like the RV-6 when I had it, just realised I wasn't a reverb guy. I prefer using delay, but the RV-6 was the closest thing to me ever liking a reverb.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

visserman

Post by visserman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Have not tried the RV-6 yet, coming back to the comment you made about the RV-3.

I do like the RV-2, but over last few weeks used the RV-5 and do like the Plate and Spring mode.
Used to feel the RV-3 is so bright and can sound so digital. When I used it shortly after having used the RV-5 I was pleasantly surprised how good the RV-3 actually sounded. You just need to moderate the level control. Interesting to see that you use to tone control to moderate on the brightness of the sound. Yes, it is the digital thing which can makes the sound a little too overbearing.