Every Boss Pedal You Have!

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Every Boss Pedal You Have!

Post by Pepe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:54 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:26 am
On that note with the proliferation of Alcohol spray around the house it has sort of become my go to cleaning product (and pre-mailing)...however whilst brushing up my pedalboard and dusting off/cleaning, it actually took paint off my PN-2! So be warned!

Same goes with lighter fluid, great for gunge but test first careful.

Some of the older BOSS pedals are more susceptible I suspect
That's absolutely correct, fuzzbuzzfuzz! Our dear nathanscribe ruined the paint of his PH-1R while using alcohol to clean it.

I always use vinegar cleaner when I receive used pedals and universal cleaner for those in my collection that need a proper cleaning.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:41 am

Well quite an inspiring thread!

So, in a similar manner here is my modest, managed, collection. I have been somewhat distracted collecting other brands in recent years to the point where there's probably too much! 

My philosophy with BOSS is to pretty much buy what I like the sound of rather than collect one of every model/iteration etc., with the exception of rare items at a good price of course! So there are very few distortions and overdrives in the list, and minus a lot of modern stuff. And of course as we have all likely noticed pedal prices have shot through the roof in recent times (FT-2, PN-2 etc. at $300!), so that's a natural limit on spending. 
Not yet acquired but on the mental list are the "unobtainable" SG-1, SP-1, and the DM-3. I'd also like a correctly working GE-6,"Distortion" first D+F and a few more Rolands like the CE-1, AP-7 (sold like a fool!)  etc.

Anyway there is my lot!  :D

(EDIT: There should be one more BF-2 on there!)
Attachments
Slide3.JPG
Slide3.JPG (105.78 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Slide2.JPG
Slide2.JPG (124.48 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (122.98 KiB) Viewed 4856 times

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:27 am

Since my last post in 2018 a few things have changed. I have also added my half rack effects this time.

in
out

BF-1 -> sold to a friend in the USA (I liked the BF-1, but it is noisy as a seashore)
BF-2 MIJ (old knobs)
BF-3
CE-2 -> bought for a demo video, sold again (the CE-2B is sufficient, if not superior)
CE-2B (received in the pedal exchange)
CE-3 (received in the pedal exchange)
DA-2 (received in the pedal exchange)
DC-2
DD-3
DD-7
EH-2
FT-2
FZ-2
GEB-7
HM-2
HM-3 (received in the pedal exchange)
LM-2
LMB-3
LS-2
MT-2 (bought for 10 EUR including shipping, or else I hadn't bothered)
MZ-2 (like new in box)
NS-2
NS-50
OC-3
OC-5 -> bought new to replace the OC-3, almost immediately sold it again
OD-2R
PH-1R -> bought for a reasonable price, did a demo, sold again (I prefer the sound of the vintage KORG phasers)
PH-3
PN-2
PQ-4
PS-2
PS-3
PW-2
RC-20XL -> was replaced by the RC-3
RC-3
RRV-10
RT-20
RV-5
SD-2 (received in the pedal exchange)
SE-50
SP-1 -> sold to verivorax in Canada (couldn't justice to keep this treasure just for collecting)
SYB-3
SYB-3 (bought a second one for stereo sound adventures)
SYB-5
TW-1 -> bought for a demo video, sold again (I have other auto wah units that I like a lot more)
XT-2

39 BOSS effects. More than enough for my taste. There are just a few ones left that I would love to try out.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 am

"OC-5 -> bought new to replace the OC-3, almost immediately sold it again"

EXACTLY this!

The demos appeared to suggest it could be dialed in perfectly to certain strings (just 5th and 6th for example to imitate a bass ONLY on those), or near enough. But not even close. I was surprised it was made in Malaysia too (I'm sure its BOSS quality - just hadn't noticed the change in production location), and the potentiometers (if I am being picky) were too smooth to turn for me for a new item, I'd prefer them to be stiff so they last over time.
Last edited by fuzzbuzzfuzz on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 am

"39 BOSS effects. More than enough for my taste. There are just a few ones left that I would love to try out."

Rediscovered my RV-2, underrated! I barely get on with any digital reverbs (particularly of the modern era) but this is very nice for traditional sounds, with features way ahead of its time (1987!).

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 am

Yes, way ahead of its time, indeed! The RRV-10 is the bigger brother and it is astonishingly good!

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 pm

Yes Quite Pepe! I will have to hunt for a RRV-10 (having absolutely foolishly turned down a lovely spring reverb in the BOSS Roland form (RV-100).

I recently placed the RV-2 back on the board and initially struggled since I'd been convinced prior that the "plate" setting was my go to. frustrated with that I popped it back into setting 3 and voila! Great shorter thickener tones and crank the level and it really si quite drippy and "Peter Green". The Pre Delay type control and EQ are very handy of course too.

I'd always fancied mounting a spring unit under a pedal board...I wonder if the RRV-10 could be placed on and units stacked above it with teh controls facing rearwards hmmm...idea!

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:08 am

I have two RRV-10 micro units and run them in stereo. I’ve had them for years and they still cut it. I’m a big fan of the micro rack range.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 am

The_Doc: can you tell us how close the modes of the RV-2 and the RRV-10 are? Are they completely similar and the micro rack version has only three more, or is there a significant sonic difference between the two?

And two RRV-10 units in stereo ... I would love that, too! :)

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:55 am

Pepe wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 am
The_Doc: can you tell us how close the modes of the RV-2 and the RRV-10 are? Are they completely similar and the micro rack version has only three more, or is there a significant sonic difference between the two?

And two RRV-10 units in stereo ... I would love that, too! :)
I’m away from the studio at the moment but as soon as I can get back in there I’ll see how they compare and report back here :) I’ll start a new thread.