SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Re: New BOSS pedals!

Post by The_Doc » Sun May 01, 2022 4:09 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:40 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:00 pm
My aim was always to get all of them with their boxes, which I have done. Yours must be a much more difficult challenge.
To collect variants has some difficulties, like the expenses, but it keeps the fun of the hunting going on after you have all models.
The_Doc wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:00 pm
The only thing I have to watch out for is any new ones that Boss release - remembering, of course, how I completely messed up getting a TB-2W :lol: :roll:
We're both lucky to have acquired this infamous TB-2W for a "reasonable" price, I can only imagine the frustration to have everything but it.

It’s shame we live on different continents - just imagine if we displayed our collections together :o It would be insane ! :lol:

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sun May 01, 2022 4:34 pm

:idea: Do it on Instagram instead! You both post your OD-1 pedals in week one, then the PH-1 and SP-1 one and two weeks later and so on. This will keep the community entertained for more than two years.

Of course you can start with the non-compact pedals as well. This could really be a cool thing. And I would join you in the few cases that I have the same pedal in that week.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Sun May 01, 2022 4:47 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:09 pm
It’s shame we live on different continents - just imagine if we displayed our collections together :o It would be insane ! :lol:
Fantastic, most of the beautiful models would come from your collection and I would provide the variants. :lol:
Pepe wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:34 pm
:idea: Do it on Instagram instead! You both post your OD-1 pedals in week one, then the PH-1 and SP-1 one and two weeks later and so on. This will keep the community entertained for more than two years.

Of course you can start with the non-compact pedals as well. This could really be a cool thing. And I would join you in the few cases that I have the same pedal in that week.
We both have Instagram pages Pepe, Doc posts regularly for a long time now, and I just began.

Me: https://www.instagram.com/danilocarrazzone/

The_Doc: https://www.instagram.com/kevfromscunny/ <--- See here why his collection is amazing!

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Sun May 01, 2022 8:11 pm

But you could do such an organised Instagram series with the right hashtags and regularly posted content. I bet a lot of people are going to like it. And I think your amount of followers is going to increase heavily over time.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Mon May 02, 2022 2:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:11 pm
But you could do such an organised Instagram series with the right hashtags and regularly posted content. I bet a lot of people are going to like it. And I think your amount of followers is going to increase heavily over time.
It's an idea, maybe someday, right now Doc is posting beautiful pictures of his pedal collection, one by one, and I am planning to do a series with "pedal families", like: all my delays in one picture, all my phasers, all my flangers, etc.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Tue May 03, 2022 9:19 am

Old_Iron wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:24 pm
Pepe wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:11 pm
It's an idea, maybe someday, right now Doc is posting beautiful pictures of his pedal collection, one by one, and I am planning to do a series with "pedal families", like: all my delays in one picture, all my phasers, all my flangers, etc.
I’m glad you like the pix on Instagram - thanks :) I’m having a lot of fun doing those !

I like your idea Pepe but, like, Old_Iron, it’s maybe something we can look at in future. Interesting what you say about using the right hashtags too - that’s something that I don’t think I’ve got right yet and any help / thoughts will be appreciated !

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu May 05, 2022 9:02 am

I think you are already doing a LOT correctly at Instagram. But a concerted action in the future might be a really cool thing that will gain a lot of attention.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed May 11, 2022 2:23 am

Well it was another couple of lucky days. It has been the Golden Week national holiday in Japan, and often the used stores fill up with "junk" that people have cleared out over that time. So well worth a scout around...

This week's pickup No.1, another super cheap SD-1 Japan ACA, 3300 yen! Sold as having slightly scratchy pots, but apart from that a winner. I sold the last one so perhaps this will be a "nice in the gig bag special" or backup for those amps that need a little drive/push.

And No.2, new to me ownership wise, the massive GE-10 big box EQ, 4400yen! Quite rusty but as soon as I plugged it in I thought wow, great pre-amp, instantly made a Strat sound better, fuller, mids etc. Unlikely to gig it but what a marvelous box. 

Pics to follow!

Side note, I saw a few odd BOSS bits - MIJ, a boxed stand for their little speakers I had never seen before, and a few TU-12s boxed with manuals etc. I was tempted.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Wed May 11, 2022 5:52 am

Niiice! :D

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Wed May 11, 2022 11:37 pm

There we go...
Attachments