Re: New BOSS pedals!

Post by laurie » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:21 pm

Nice! Congrats.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:23 am

I decided to take a photo of all the new compact pedals Boss has released this year. I hadn’t realised that they all have a silver screw! And then they release the IR-2 which hasn’t ! Oh well…. I still ‘need’ all of them :lol:

Boss 2023.jpeg
Boss 2023.jpeg (116.9 KiB) Viewed 3905 times

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:36 am

Nice!

Would be interested in your thoughts on the BP-1w and NS-1X.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:17 am

BearBoy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:36 am
Nice!

Would be interested in your thoughts on the BP-1w and NS-1X.
The BP-1W is embargoed until Christmas at the request of Mrs The_Doc who has kindly bought it for me ! I’ve tried it just to make sure it worked and, even after that very brief test, I thought it was pretty good. More after Christmas once I’ve had a chance to really get stuck until it.

The NS-1X took me a while to get my head around it in terms of how best to use it with my various set ups. It works very well, as you would expect for an advanced digital unit and there is plenty of control. I’ll get the most out of it to calm down noisey old pedals by putting them in its loop. It doesn’t colour the core sound in any way. Having said that, I do like the way that the old NF-1 adds a bit of something to the tone. But, as a pure noise gate it’s a winner in my book.

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:14 pm

Will be something to look forward to on Christmas Day, Doc! I was going to ask for a BP-1w from Mrs BB but then Boss threw a late spanner in the works in the form of the IR-2. Will probably get them both eventually but need to decide which one I'd like Santa to bring :lol:

Thanks for the info re the NS-1X - another pedal on my eventual "wish list". Was thinking it might be useful for getting cleaner recordings when using lots of gain.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:44 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:14 pm
Will be something to look forward to on Christmas Day, Doc! I was going to ask for a BP-1w from Mrs BB but then Boss threw a late spanner in the works in the form of the IR-2. Will probably get them both eventually but need to decide which one I'd like Santa to bring :lol:

Thanks for the info re the NS-1X - another pedal on my eventual "wish list". Was thinking it might be useful for getting cleaner recordings when using lots of gain.
Yes, the NS-1X will do that. You’ll need to tweak the controls to get it sounding right with very high gain sounds. I set set decay too short and the gate was snapping shut too early. But, with a bit of patience, I managed to cut out the noise before the note attack with the rest of it sounding pretty natural. Trial and error really.

zentropa
SBZ: Silver

Post by zentropa » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:38 pm

Been busy since deciding upon collecting circuit variants and digital dirt.

Variants there are MT-2 V1 and V3, DS-2 (silicon), DS-1 V3 and V4.
New Group 02.jpg
New Group 02.jpg (219.03 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
New Group 01.jpg
New Group 01.jpg (221.53 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
New Group 03.jpg
New Group 03.jpg (99.26 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
Collection is almost "done" again. ST-2, FDR-1, DS-1X, OD-1X, SL-2, DS-1 V2, and maybe an AW-2 are the last few on the list but my gear budget is tapped for now. Getting the BP-1W for Xmas. Still mulling over whether I want to crack open the SD-2 variant can o' worms.

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:16 am

Ok, I finally caved and got a TU3Wb. ABSOLUTELY unnecessary purchase, but the price was right. ;) I know I mentioned elsewhere here that I'd do this if one popped up for a good deal.
Well, it's black, so it will look really good replacing a white TU3 on one of my boards.
... and that TU3 will replace a TU2 on another board and the TU2 may just get sold off.
Cascading tuners.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:55 am

What a pedal haul, zentropa!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:53 pm

zentropa wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:38 pm
Been busy since deciding upon collecting circuit variants and digital dirt.
I would like to have a DA-2, they sound good!

curiosity got the best of me, I was depending on a boss DD-500 for live looping and a RC-3 for live sampling but the RC-500 covers both with half as many footswitches too! So that madea really complicated pedalboard simple.

DM-2W what can I say they delivered! I thought I was more of a digital delay player but the analog delay is juicy and addictive, has like a touch sensitive aspect to it as well.