New BOSS pedals!

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: New BOSS pedals!

Post by Pepe » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:28 am

I received these two RCL-10 Compressor/Limiter Micro Rack units shortly before Christmas. They were declared as defective ("don't power on"). I disassembled them before trying out anything. Everything looked okay and after the cleaning they worked like a charm. I suspect that the seller had a faulty or a wrong power supply. They even came with the original rack adapter! Not bad for around 50 EUR in total, I'd say! :D

Four birds with two stones: I intended to purchase a second LM-2 one day to use it for true stereo recordings (piano, etc.) along with the NS-50 Stereo Noise Suppressor. Now I can use these two Micro Rack units as stereo limiters AND stereo noise suppressors. My almost unused NS-50 can go now.

I have never heard of the concept of the expander that the RCL-10 offers: just the opposite of a compressor! Louder signals get even louder. Who needs that? :o
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:17 pm

What a score!

These are so rare here I've still never seen one in real life....

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:28 am
I have never heard of the concept of the expander that the RCL-10 offers: just the opposite of a compressor! Louder signals get even louder. Who needs that? :o
Noise reduction... or decompressing signals from a tape deck?

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Ah, that could really be a useful application. But I don't think that I am going to need that function in this life.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Congratulations Pepe ! What a great find and I am so glad they were working. I can’t get enough of these micro rack units :D

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:12 pm

As I said before, those mini rack units are a temptation, I dream about a "stack" with all of them, maybe one day after I have fulfilled my compact line collection goals.

Congrats Pepe, nice score.

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 pm

Thank you!

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:26 pm

Wow, you got a great deal there Pepe!

NS-50 aside, do you have any of the other micro rack units? Actually, does the NS-50 count as a part of the micro rack range? I think those ones were labelled "Boss Pro" or something?

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:34 pm

The NS-50 is from the Pro Series, as well as the SE-50 Stereo Effects Processor that I picked up locally almost ten years ago (I didn't use it for several years ... it's about time to try it out again).

I had the RCE-10 Chorus (received in a pedal tour in 2017 from Mark123), but I sold it again, because I have similar sounding chorus units that I simply use more often. And then I received the RRV-10 Reverb a few months ago (see page 20). And the RPW-7 from the Micro Rack Series is my trusty power supply.

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:27 am

I swapped out the DD7 on my board with a DD8 the other day (one came up s/h at a good price)

I'm loving the 'warm' setting, and the addition of reverb a la RV-3. Otherwise no better or worse than the DD7
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ