New BOSS pedals!

Old_Iron

Re: New BOSS pedals!

Post by Old_Iron » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Congrats for your new baby Bigtone23. 😍

You probably have already read this page: https://bossarea.com/boss-dm-2-delay/

Or this one with a little bit more info about the DM-2: https://www.henrikhansson.com/product/dm-2-delay/

And according to the Boss Book ( witch I don't have, but can be "read" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Fo2mStYW0 ), your DM-2 is from the 2nd last month of production, as you say JAN 1984 = 38XX00.

The compander IC in your pedal shows 8343 as the code of the manufacturing date, and that can be read as 43rd week of 1983.

Also it's PCB indicates that it is a B (3rd) generation, so it's supposedly to have a green label (must say I never saw one), and always according to the Boss Book.

But, the Boss Book have a lot of inconsistencies, just yesterday I discovered one more, my PN-2 have a serial ZB20107 so it is from MAR 1990, and the book says that the first month of production was MAY 1990.

This is not the only pedal I have that shows a date of manufacturing that is previous then what the book says it should be.

Since I look for the earliest units, even trying to acquire the first batch ones, I have a few like that, and some are from a month or two before to what the book indicates.

So, who knows?

Just enjoy it.

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Old_Iron wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:45 pm
Congrats for your new baby Bigtone23. 😍

You probably have already read this page: https://bossarea.com/boss-dm-2-delay/

Or this one with a little bit more info about the DM-2: https://www.henrikhansson.com/product/dm-2-delay/

And according to the Boss Book ( witch I don't have, but can be "read" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Fo2mStYW0 ), your DM-2 is from the 2nd last month of production, as you say JAN 1984 = 38XX00.

The compander IC in your pedal shows 8343 as the code of the manufacturing date, and that can be read as 43rd week of 1983.

Also it's PCB indicates that it is a B (3rd) generation, so it's supposedly to have a green label (must say I never saw one), and always according to the Boss Book.

But, the Boss Book have a lot of inconsistencies, just yesterday I discovered one more, my PN-2 have a serial ZB20107 so it is from MAR 1990, and the book says that the first month of production was MAY 1990.

This is not the only pedal I have that shows a date of manufacturing that is previous then what the book says it should be.

Since I look for the earliest units, even trying to acquire the first batch ones, I have a few like that, and some are from a month or two before to what the book indicates.

So, who knows?

Just enjoy it.
Great stuff, thank you!
I am just happy to have a nice DM2 (DM2B, technically, from your links) and will enjoy it as is. :D

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Santa brought me a SY-1. Interesting sounds, haven't had the time to try all of them (they are numerous) and fiddle enouhg but it's a nice add-on for a lonely guitarist missing his band in these terrible (and excruciatingly long) times.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Goran

Post by Goran » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:39 pm

I had a FB-2 when it came out, but didn´t like it very much, and sold it.
Then I read that they are discontinued and rising in price, and thought that I´ll if I can find one sooner or later, I´ll buy it. For the collection...
And finally did, mint condition and box, for about US $ 50.
And I gave it another chance, liked it much more, and it´s a funny effect to use for sure. The boost section was, and is, a good one.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:59 pm

I would instantly buy one for 50$. Congratulations!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:02 pm

Pepe wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:59 pm
I would instantly buy one for 50$. Congratulations!
I bought one back in the day and was underwhelmed... but yeah, for $50... what pepe said.

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Buying Spree !!!! 🥺

Ouch, my little credit card...

Yeah, I went crazy and spent way more that I should.😥

But you guys are to be blamed too. You, and yours "mint-in-box" (MIB) beautiful pedals, and I, an innocent boy (I'm 53) who fell into this trap of MIB pedals... 😂

So, the already spoken book, a DS-1 9600 MIB, a SY-1 and a DD-3 square chip, pink label.

But wait! Don't call now, there's more!

A precious, mint as it can be, first batch 6600, in box GE-6 !

This one is in the mail yet, so the pics are from the seller.

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:41 pm

Wow, very cool! Congrats. :mrgreen:

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Ohhh... that's some nice stuff.