New Boss DM-101 Delay Machine

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: New Boss DM-101 Delay Machine

Post by laurie » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:02 am
I think someone on here had some sort of tracker of new releases.

Edit: it was Old_Iron here: http://www.bossareaforum.com/Forum/view ... ?f=6&t=701
Has anyone heard from Old_Iron recently?

Pepe
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:10 pm

Not a single word.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:03 am

Nada. We had a PM going in December, but that's the last I heard from him. I hope he's OK!

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold

Post by BearBoy » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:36 am

Yeah, looks like he hasn't been online since mid December. Hope he's okay and just spending his time playing with his collection.

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:43 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:55 am
it would be psychologically easier to convince myself to buy one if it was under £400 :lol:
Well, GAK are doing them for £329 so I took the plunge. Should be here tomorrow 8-)

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:43 pm

Really loving the DM-101 so far. Absolutely fantastic sounding and so much variety in the various modes.

I thought the custom mode on the DM-2w, which gave you up to 800ms delay time, was a huge improvement over the pretty short delay time of the original pedals but this gives you up to 1200ms in the Classic mode.

The multi-head mode basically gives you the functionality of a tape delay but with the sound of an analogue one, which is good fun to play about with.

I've found an error in the manual though. Both the Startup Guide and the Reference Manual say that in Non-Linear mode the Variation knob adjusts the volume of the delay intervals when it actually adjusts the delay times after the initial delay (this is correctly described on the product page on the Boss website). Hopefully they'll get the documentation corrected at some point.

Rather annoyingly I seem to have mislaid my DIN to TRS Midi cable so haven't been able to sync it up with my PC yet. Will have to have a proper hunt over the weekend.

Did anyone else ever pick one of these up?

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:44 am

Pepe wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:08 pm
Well, I think their standard compact pedals are still going strong. But we all could give them some advice which pedals urgently need an improved follow-up model. AW-3, PH-3 and ODB-3, yes I'm looking at you!
100% agree with PH-3 and AW-3 (which is MISERABLE SOUNDING).

BB-1X I feel is quite the upgrade compared to ODB-3 and one that often flies under the radar. It is quieter, more responsive and just better. I get the Digital vs Analog thing, but I feel like they already have the upgrade for ODB-3 but nobody dares to try it. It's likely going to be my "forever bass driver".
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

laurie
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:39 am

BearBoy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:43 pm
Rather annoyingly I seem to have mislaid my DIN to TRS Midi cable so haven't been able to sync it up with my PC yet. Will have to have a proper hunt over the weekend.

Did anyone else ever pick one of these up?
This is not what you were asking about, but some possibly handy info... it is the DIN to TRS schematic for Strymon pedals. I bought the parts and will put one together at some point.

https://postlmg.cc/VS45M5Zy

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:11 am

Gasgano wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:44 am
Pepe wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:08 pm
Well, I think their standard compact pedals are still going strong. But we all could give them some advice which pedals urgently need an improved follow-up model. AW-3, PH-3 and ODB-3, yes I'm looking at you!
100% agree with PH-3 and AW-3 (which is MISERABLE SOUNDING).

BB-1X I feel is quite the upgrade compared to ODB-3 and one that often flies under the radar. It is quieter, more responsive and just better. I get the Digital vs Analog thing, but I feel like they already have the upgrade for ODB-3 but nobody dares to try it. It's likely going to be my "forever bass driver".
Agreed on the BB1X. The ODB3 is cool for certain higher gain sounds, but can be coaxed into a usable lower/mid gain, sort of. The BB1X just does a better job with the low to medium gain tones, but can do a decent job with medium high gain, aggressive tones. It's a winner.