Here is something Digitech PDS 1002 will let you do compared to any of the Boss Delay Pedals with a Hold Function

visserman

Here is something Digitech PDS 1002 will let you do compared to any of the Boss Delay Pedals with a Hold Function

Post by visserman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Here is a good video which demos what a Digitech PDS 1002 is really good at, compared to a DD6/7 or 8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzVZlzmWqp4

Go to 0.35, you will hear the loop, now he is going to play over it, then he stops the loop, and brings it back.
It is like using a two channel mixer.

Sometimes I wish any of the Boss Delay pedals would allow you to do this kind of thing: Have your loop, stop it when you want to, or just let it go.

The digitech 1002 is simply amazing. In terms of sound quality, I guess people would call it "vintage digital". The control you have over your functions is what makes the pedal so good. Also a dry output which is not affected by the volume control.

One of the drawback of this pedal is that your signal flows through the pedal, and the input volume will affect your signal, even when the pedal is not being used.
I use this pedal through a dedicated amp: Once I use the loop function on this pedal I know I will have enough volume left from both my other two amps I use in my set-up.

You can, of course, simply use one amp and use this pedal. My initial post is just about that and comparing it to any of the Boss delays like DD5/6/7 or 8. The digitech PDS range came out mid to late 80s. I do find it interesting to see what features they gave you at that time.
When the Boss DD5 came out, in 1995, you still did not have anything like the Digitech. The loop-stations from the 200s would change that, but then their sound and feel is soooo different.

Will do a video about the PDS 1002 and use it in combination with the DD6 to create cross rhythms, just need to research a little on what people have done so far, as I do not want to replicate what people have already done.

chromandre

Re: Here is something Digitech PDS 1002 will let you do compared to any of the Boss Delay Pedals with a Hold Function

Post by chromandre » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 pm

having an external hold on/off would actually be an easy mod for the DD-3 if you were willing to sacrifice the "direct out" jack

visserman

Re: Here is something Digitech PDS 1002 will let you do compared to any of the Boss Delay Pedals with a Hold Function

Post by visserman » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:17 pm

chromandre wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 pm
having an external hold on/off would actually be an easy mod for the DD-3 if you were willing to sacrifice the "direct out" jack
So you no longer need to press pedal down? Yep great idea.
I tend to see the DD-2/3 are the earlier version of the others which came afterward, so having to keep your foot onto the pedal is part of that.
Cheers!

Fallen_lassen
SBZ: Silver

Post by Fallen_lassen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi have you tried the dsd2 and 3 they have a sample rec/play mode. It is only 800 msec but it works. And you can trigger it with a drummachine as well.