Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Buy, Trade, Sell! Do so at your own risk! Must have 10 post to Sell or Trade.
Forum rules
Buy, Trade, Sell! Do so at your own risk! Must have 10 post to Sell or Trade.
User avatar
NeavesTheKnight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:55 pm

Hello Gang, I’m looking for the following classic style empty Boss pedals boxes if you have any of these available please let me know! By Classic I am referring to the old non black colored boxes usually in the color of the pedal that they housed. Thanks!

Boss BD-2 or Keeley Modded Boss BD-2 Box with stickers etc.
Boss GE-7
Boss PQ-4
Boss SD-2
Boss CE-5
Last edited by NeavesTheKnight on Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feedbacker
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:06 pm
SBZ: Copper

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by Feedbacker » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:38 pm

Sorry, I can't help you there, but if anyone's interested I have spare, 'old style' (coloured) boxes and manuals for:
DD-7
TU-3 (with '5-year warranty' logo)
DS-1
SD-1 (faded I'm afraid, but intact)

I also seem to have a spare manual for the AW-3, not sure where that's from!

User avatar
NeavesTheKnight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:14 pm

Cool, Actually I may be interested in the boxes and manuals that you have. What’s the cost?

zentropa
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm
Location: Minnesota
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by zentropa » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:52 pm

I will dig through my boxes tonight. There is a small chance I have an extra CE-5 and GE-7 box.

I sent a friend of mine that was looking for an SD-2 to a local store that had one. In their photo they didn't have a box. He sent me pics later and the pedal was in better condition than mine and it had the box and manual. I texted him asking if he wanted to sell the box.

zentropa
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm
Location: Minnesota
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by zentropa » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:08 pm

Just checked and the only extras I have right now are CS-3 w/ Manual and PSM-5 w/ Manual. I don't currently own either of those pedals.

User avatar
NeavesTheKnight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:27 pm

zentropa wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:08 pm
Just checked and the only extras I have right now are CS-3 w/ Manual and PSM-5 w/ Manual. I don't currently own either of those pedals.
Thanks Zen!
I appreciate you looking as well as you looking into the sale of the SD-2 box! :)

zentropa
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm
Location: Minnesota
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by zentropa » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:44 am

No problem.

He didn't answer with me, and with him, that usually means he won't even talk about it, which is kind of surprising seeing as he got the pedal dirt cheap ($65) and he just sold his Gibson Firebird to pay for an expense.

I remember selling my MZ-2 box/manual on the old forum when I was badly in need of cash.

zentropa
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm
Location: Minnesota
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by zentropa » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:50 am

Also, I will check with my local pedal haven shop about other boxes. I know they did a big store cleanup and found about 20 Boss boxes where people had bought the pedals but forgotten to take the boxes and I'm sure he would sell most of them for like $5. The downside is that I believe most of the extra boxes are black boxes, but I will make sure to pay closer attention next time I am there (probably Saturday)

User avatar
NeavesTheKnight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:26 pm

Oh well that’s a bummer for me but a win for him so cool! :)
Wow! Hopefully he made out good on the guitar sale!
I really try to only buy used gear now as with new you instantly lose out on value unless you bought an original Klon Centaur or 1959 Les Paul, Lol

How much did you get for the MZ-2 back then?

zentropa wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:44 am
No problem.

He didn't answer with me, and with him, that usually means he won't even talk about it, which is kind of surprising seeing as he got the pedal dirt cheap ($65) and he just sold his Gibson Firebird to pay for an expense.

I remember selling my MZ-2 box/manual on the old forum when I was badly in need of cash.

User avatar
NeavesTheKnight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: Looking for Classic Style Boss Pedal Boxes

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:28 pm

Dude that would be great if they have any of the older style!
To be perfectly honest I do have a Black BD-2 box currently for the Keeley but really want to have an original one for it.
Dude I’m excited to hear what you find that they have even if it is the black ones! 😃


zentropa wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:50 am
Also, I will check with my local pedal haven shop about other boxes. I know they did a big store cleanup and found about 20 Boss boxes where people had bought the pedals but forgotten to take the boxes and I'm sure he would sell most of them for like $5. The downside is that I believe most of the extra boxes are black boxes, but I will make sure to pay closer attention next time I am there (probably Saturday)

Post Reply