Welcome to phpBB3

Welcome former SBZ members, and all new members! Rule changes will be listed here.
sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Post by sclitheroe » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:14 pm

fernieite wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 am
Hey Pepe!

I had a massive scare at the end of August- Major heart attack! I was at work, up on a ladder in the stifling heat and humidity, when it happened. My customer was right there with me thankfully, and phoned 911. I was ambulanced to the best closest hospital where they did an emergency angioplasty, and installed a stent to fix the 100% blockage of my right coronary artery. I actually had cardiac arrest two times in the ambulance and once in the surgery room!

Anyway, things are kind of back to normal and I'm feeling much stronger...
Still here! 

Hope you guys are well.
So are you buffered or true bypass now :) Glad it all turned out well!

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:59 pm

There was no by-pass operation, so I guess I'm buffered. (In true Boss style) ;)

Thanks man!
Last edited by fernieite on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 am

Really glad you are ok now. It must have been a frightening experience. The same thing happened to a good friend of mine when he was travelling on a bus - luckily he was sitting right next to a cardiologist!

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks man! Yeah, it sucked.
Wow, that's quite the coincidence that a cardiologist was right there with your friend! :!:

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:01 pm

And you were happy to have a customer right there with you! Imagine, what might have happened alone at home when the rest of the family is on a shopping spree. A few years ago friend of my former boss had a stroke while his wife was away. She found him hours later! He was a good drummer and I don't know if he has learned to walk or speak normally again.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

tunghaichuan

Post by tunghaichuan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:48 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 am
Really glad you are ok now. It must have been a frightening experience. The same thing happened to a good friend of mine when he was travelling on a bus - luckily he was sitting right next to a cardiologist!
That reminds me of when I was taking some classes in CNC machining. One of the instructors was a skilled machinist, graduated from an 8,000 hour apprenticeship program. Very skilled. He had an accident where a CNC mill cut off all four fingers of his left hand. He says realized it was a mistake when he did it but he doesn't remember it hurting. Luckily, the hospital they took him to had one of the top hand surgeons in the US, who was visiting there. He regained about 50% of the use of his left hand. The machinist profession isn't one for the accident prone or the faint of heart.

Sinom

Post by Sinom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:45 am

Mutley is back !

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Sinom wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:45 am
Mutley is back !
There we go! Balance has been restored. 👍

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:09 am

This forum is filled with great and respectful people, the forum has always respected the rights of everyone's speech, but certain changes have been happening in parts of America and the world. Those changes include laws that do not respect freedom of speech. If you live or post from an area that puts any liability on the forum for speech you use please discontinue use of the forum.