The Tremolo Thread

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
fuzzbuzzfuzz

Re: The Tremolo Thread

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:28 pm

Yes, indeed you can to a degree. I have both the newer and older Rotovibes and tweaked them accordingly, the new one in particular has a much more pronounced (and slightly less "natural") warble which sounds rather alien and far too fast toe down. So I tweaked it and it was much better.

With the wah/vol or wah/trem pedals there's always the balancing act - usually a compromise between the two effects and ranges. 

Whilst it is not a super drastic boost I really enjoyed the TVP-1 for having de-gaining a dirty amp into clean (set lower volume knob) then pushing it a bit more as you toe down (second knob set higher than unity).

With the TVP-1 I have not felt the need to adjust the rack/pinion as yet. Seems set pretty well, Blippy tremolo at full tilt but still noticeably tremolo.
I'll have to pull it out again and give it a whirl!

I'm someone addicted to picking up those old cumbersome 90s Dunlop double treadle pedals.  Pondering modding the JH-1F Fuzz/wah at the moment!

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:22 pm

My big 90s Dunlop Tremolo is really killer. I also have a Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird, which does the fast, square wave choppy thing with no volume drop perfectly.

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:30 pm

I’ve got one of those Behringer clones of a PN-2. Still waiting patiently for a PN-2w to come out :)

My MD-200 and SL-2 both have tremolo modes as well.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 am

bigtone23 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:22 pm
My big 90s Dunlop Tremolo is really killer. I also have a Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird, which does the fast, square wave choppy thing with no volume drop perfectly.
ah Yes, top choices there!

I prefer the bigger boxed Dunlop, super solid, great variety of tones, easy to tweak on the fly. Earthquaker is a litle classic its in own right these days, Spaceman 3 in a box!

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:46 pm

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 am
bigtone23 wrote:

I prefer the bigger boxed Dunlop, super solid, great variety of tones, easy to tweak on the fly. Earthquaker is a litle classic its in own right these days, Spaceman 3 in a box!
Yeah, the Dunlop is big. Not for those saving real estate! It resides on the Big Board, built in the mid to late 90s when I didn't mind hauling around massive pedals on a big, heavy board. An MXR is relatively 'micro' haha.

It also does the fast, square wave thing without losing volume. It's been my benchmark for trem pedals ever since.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:47 pm

:o That board!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:57 pm

bigtone23 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:46 pm
fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 am
bigtone23 wrote:

Yeah, the Dunlop is big. Not for those saving real estate! It resides on the Big Board, built in the mid to late 90s when I didn't mind hauling around massive pedals on a big, heavy board. An MXR is relatively 'micro' haha.

It also does the fast, square wave thing without losing volume. It's been my benchmark for trem pedals ever since.
Ah hence the handle "Bigtone" :lol: :D

Monster acreage!

fernieite
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:44 am

I forgot, I have another kind of tremolo pedal. The Acid Fuzz Repeater. (Vox Repeat Percussion clone) lt's pretty unique and cool.
https://www.acidfuzz.com/products/repea ... 7991756844

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:32 pm

Cool! There was a clone by Seppuku FX as well, but I have never had one.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 pm

fernieite wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:44 am
I forgot, I have another kind of tremolo pedal. The Acid Fuzz Repeater. (Vox Repeat Percussion clone) lt's pretty unique and cool.
https://www.acidfuzz.com/products/repea ... 7991756844
Ooh yes very cool indeed, in the "Repeater" family.

As used by The Black Angels.

I also recall I had the Coopersound Repeater too once, that "clack-clack" repeat percussion vibe to a T!