New Pedal Day - DOD Rubberneck

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
SamXTherapy

New Pedal Day - DOD Rubberneck

Post by SamXTherapy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm

Been wanting one of these since they first appeared, finally got my hands on one. Brand new, from Amazon, arrived a couple of days ago.

First impressions - very good indeed. I already have a Boss DM-2w on the board, along with an El Capistan but I wanted something a little in between the two, and this seems to do the job well. I like the idea of the Gain control; adding a little grit into the signal gives it a nice push along the way. It's also capable of pushing the unit into self oscillation at high settings, regardless of your other settings, so it's to be used with a little care. The Rubberneck feature is useful to me, too; just right for when I want to make everyone go WTF? during a quiet part.

I haven't got used to the oscillation feature yet; with the El Cap it's fairly straightforward but the Rubberneck allows for a bit of tweaking to find the sweet spot.

Sonically, it's not too far from the DM-2w (or the old DM-2, for that matter), being an analog beastie, but it's nice to have the extra options. The DM-2 will be staying on the board, but I may yet plug in an expression pedal for the lulz.

My one and only criticism is it looks - along with every other DOD pedal - unbelievably boring. I utterly hate that design but hey ho, I buy with my ears, not my eyes.

Conclusion: Money well spent. It's a keeper.

Delay, along with Flanger, is my favourite effect type, so I see this staying on the board. All I need to complete the set is a "pure" digital box, which will probably be a Boss of some description, oh, and one of the Space Echo types just because, and maybe some Way Huge box, and a Volante and...
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: New Pedal Day - DOD Rubberneck

Post by Pepe » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Haha, I'm on the same wavelength when it comes to the graphics of DOD pedals. I've seen it on lots of pedalboards at the I Love Fuzz forum.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

bigtone23

Re: New Pedal Day - DOD Rubberneck

Post by bigtone23 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:48 am

Pepe wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm
Haha, I'm on the same wavelength when it comes to the graphics of DOD pedals. I've seen it on lots of pedalboards at the I Love Fuzz forum.
Agreed. The 80s style DOD graphic is a very cool and unique look.