Nobels ODR-1 Natural Overdrive

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
fuzzbuzzfuzz

Re: Nobels ODR-1 Natural Overdrive

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:32 am

Old_Iron wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:09 pm
I heard people talking about this pedal for a while, last week I saw a video on That Pedal Show youtube channel comparing it with a Tube Screamer and a Boss BD-2, that video made impossible not to buy it.

It is an amazing overdrive, smooth and responsive, but the best feature in it is the spectrum knob.

At noon it is flat, turn it left and you have a warm mid frequency hump, turn it to the right and it scoops that mid frequencies while boosts the treble and some lower mids, very useful and clever.

If you set the drive all the way down (0), spectrum at noon (5) and level to match your guitar output, you will turn it on and off without noticing any difference in the guitar sound, completely and absolutely transparent.

Worth to check it out if you are looking for a very good overdrive.

That Pedal Show video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCVnFLwP9k

Nice!

Once upon a time (when it was unknown iirc around 2005) I picked one up and used it with a Telecaster (the all green original). I did think it rather good, natural and even sounding though a tad bassy at times. The new version has an internal dip switch for that. I should have kept it!

There is a mini version I'm curious to compare with too.

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:48 am

I have an old Nobels ODR-1 that i never take out of the cupboard, and i hankered after one of the new Nordland ODR-Cs until I learned the price

So I picked up one of these. Its made on a kit board (Aion kit) with upgraded components. Its a first class build and sounds fantastic. Does the normal ODR-1 thing, does the bass cut, and does the compression lift.

I have an original build DPE Buzz Tone (clone of the Jext Telez version of the Selmer Buzz Tone). Fantastic top-build pedal. The build quality on this ODR-C matches that of the Buzz Tone
dper.jpg
dper.jpg (101.68 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:23 am

Luke Drifter wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:48 am
I have an old Nobels ODR-1 that i never take out of the cupboard, and i hankered after one of the new Nordland ODR-Cs until I learned the price

So I picked up one of these. Its made on a kit board (Aion kit) with upgraded components. Its a first class build and sounds fantastic. Does the normal ODR-1 thing, does the bass cut, and does the compression lift.

I have an original build DPE Buzz Tone (clone of the Jext Telez version of the Selmer Buzz Tone). Fantastic top-build pedal. The build quality on this ODR-C matches that of the Buzz Tone

dper.jpg
Wow, looks great. I'll have to look those chaps up.