32 Pedals arrived! (Feedback post)

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
Luke Drifter

Re: 32 Pedals arrived! (Feedback post)

Post by Luke Drifter » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:40 am

Mine were waiting on my desk at work for me today (Friday) Just in time for the weekend!

I will report back
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:48 am

So, are cheap non-alkaline batteries recommended for the TB, Laurie? Or is that just for two transistor fuzzes (fuzz faces and mk1.5 Tonebenders)?

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:58 am

Ah, it shipped with a battery fitted, brilliant!

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 am

well, i can tell you straight up, that TB2 sounds as good as any of my other Mk 2 Tonebenders (Ramble FX, Throbak, Klinger) from a quick play (can let rip at home in the evening). has the sustain, is not too bassy and is biased to be not splattery but its nice and gnarly. The OD is not a low gain unit, but the clean blend will be a nice antidote to that (adds a bit of volume too) and i can imagine it will rip with bass guitar

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am

Well, my pedals will show up later this year. My friend in Los Angeles is having fun with the units in the meantime. :)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 am

at bedroom volumes i can get the TB2 to sound the same as my Ramble FX Twin Bender on Mk2 setting. The TB2 can be made raspier than the Twin Bender. The TwB with its external bias knob can be made smoother than the TB2, but the TB2 can get a bit nastier than the TwB can before it gets splattery and loses sustain, which the TB2 has in bucket loads just about all settings. Easy to keep articulate too, TwB not so much. I like it alot. Had a quick go with the OD32 and got a nice airy overdrive similar but different to the Red Llama which is on my board atm. It will take a bit of fiddling to get set right, even at bedroom volumes, but i can tell already theres some nice sounds in there. I had about a quarter clean - drive level and treble a bit shy of a half, and bass on quarter and it sounded pretty good (P90 into a '63 Vibrasonic / JBL)

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:05 pm

Luke Drifter wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 am
I had about a quarter clean - drive level and treble a bit shy of a half, and bass on quarter and it sounded pretty good (P90 into a '63 Vibrasonic / JBL)
Those settings sound good. I run mine with the clean at about 40% and drive at about 30%.

Adding the clean is so important - that's why I changed the design to a linear potentiometer for the clean. This gives finer control over the add.

Like a lot of my old pedal designs, the 32OD sounds best LOUD, into a good tube amp.

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Got notification today that it’s through UK Customs and I should be able to collect it from our local Post Office tomorrow. I’m looking forward to this ! :D

BearBoy
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:00 pm

How did you get notified that it was through Customs, Doc?

The_Doc
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Just a card through the letterbox telling me that I had a Customs charge to pay.

We were out at the time but I guess the Postman delivered the card as they have no means to collect a payment. I was surprised as I’ve had an email notification direct from HM Customs in the past and paid on-line. Looks genuine and I’ll only make payment at a Post Office counter so it should be fine.