Hey Pepe - LastGasp Art Laboratories pedals

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Hey Pepe - LastGasp Art Laboratories pedals

Post by sclitheroe » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:50 am

I've been eyeing their Flickrrr tremolo, noticed you have demoed a bunch of their stuff in the past, what do you think of the company and their pedals? Seem completely under the radar, but of course this tiny board has their resident demo guy, where else would I find him :D

-Scott

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Hey Pepe - LastGasp Art Laboratories pedals

Post by Pepe » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 am

L.A.L. pedals are simply awesome! They are built for noisy and crazy stuff, but there are quite a lot of very smooth sounds for the daily use under their hood as well. The build quality is comparable to Laurie's (see pics below) and the guy who makes them (Hirofumi Uchino, originally from Japan, living in Australia for a few years now) is also as eager as Laurie to make his circuits as good as possible. The prices are totally fair for boutique stuff.

In the last years I managed to purchase five pedals for cheap, so that's why there are Pepe demos of them. Three of the pedals were direct purchases for a friend in Los Angeles, an avid L.A.L. pedal collector. If I had the chance to grab a 45 Super Fuzz for a similar price, I would immediately buy it for myself. This is the one that I liked the most.

The pedals are not sooo much under the radar. At least I've seen the Misty Cave (analog resonance echo - would love to try this one!), the 46 Sooper Fuzz and the Flikrrr on some boards in various forums.

(The Flikrrr is available at one of the bigger shops in Germany for 183 EUR. I could send it to you for another 16 EUR.)

www.lalweb.com/effects-e.html

Image Image
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Thanks Pepe, this is great. I went ahead and ordered the Flikrrr direct from the LAL website :D The exchange rate for AUD is almost 1:1 for CAD, and it worked out very similar to what it would have cost if you'd grabbed that one for me, but the offer is appreciated.

I don't even know how I stumbled on to their pedals, but I've always got room for another organic trem, and this one seems like it's right up my alley.

-Scott

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Good to hear that you were able to order it directly from Hirofumi. He's a really nice guy!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram