Post by Pepe » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:29 pm

One quick family snapshot before the Pitch Monster's travel to Serbia:

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Re: Other Brand Pedals Photo Thread

Post by The_Doc » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

These are very unusual designs which I really like. They certainly aren’t your usual effects.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:38 pm

I checked videos on Youtube. Impressive.

visserman

Post by visserman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:29 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm
These are very unusual designs which I really like. They certainly aren’t your usual effects.
Indeed they are very unusual.
Doc, just a few more questions and remarks about your DOD family:
Sorry I did not notice your FX87 Edge one, did not know you had one as well. I see you even have the FX85, how does that one compare to the FX87?
What is the yellow one with the three knobs? The Classic Fuzz any good? I know you do have quite some Fuzz pedals so you may have an idea what this one sounds like.

What about the American Metal one? I just ask because DOD and the names............I have a Supra Distortion, and really this one can produce very convincing Fuzz sounds. Supra?
A have a friend who gave me a Metal Manic to use, and again, this one can give you good Fuzz tones as well, just keep dist. control down and it sounds more like a Fuzz. Anyway, all comments are welcome!
Cheers

tunghaichuan
SBZ: Silver

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:30 pm

My DOD/Digitech pedals:

Front row: Digitech PDS 1550 Programmable Distortion, DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion, two DOD FX58 Metal Maniac pedals
Back Row: Digitech CabDryVR, DOD 270 A/B Box, Digitech Metal Master, two DOD Bad Monkey pedals (the one on the left is USA made and is substantially heavier as the enclosure is thicker).

From what I understand the PDS 1550 is a Boss HM-2 circuit with a parametric EQ and an added OD channel. There is also a DIP switch to select four other parameters. Pretty cool pedal, but I'm not really a fan of the HM-2 (having owned five different ones since I began playing guitar) so I tend to gravitate towards the OD side of the pedal.
Attachments
dod digitech low.JPG
dod digitech low.JPG (54.47 KiB) Viewed 7080 times

tunghaichuan

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:43 pm

My Ibanez/Maxon pedals

Front row: Ibanez TS9DX, TS-808, TS9
Back row: Maxon OD-9, Ibanez TS9

The TS9 and TS-808 pedals are reissues

The TS9, OD-9 and TS9 mode ont eh TS9DX all sound alike, so I got like four of the same pedal.
The TS-808 sounds similar. I doubt I could pick out which is which from a double blind test.
Attachments
maxon ibanez low.JPG
maxon ibanez low.JPG (50.5 KiB) Viewed 7080 times

tunghaichuan

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:59 pm

My oddball pedal group

Back row: Korg ToneWorks 104ds Hyper Distortion
Front row: Washburn LSELSD Soloist Distortion, MI Audio Tube Zone, BYOC Triboost

The Korg pedal is kind of a weird one, it has lots of parameters to set and can sound really good but the setting save function is flaky and it randomly resets while playing through the pedal.

The Washburn pedal is a re-badged Artec pedal and sounds killer, it has a hot-rodded Plexi vibe going.

The Tube Zone is a beast of a pedal and does clean boost all the way through over the top distortion. It also can run on 18v giving it more clean headroom and an amplike response.

The BYOC pedal was a kit that I built and traded with a guy to finish the enclosure. He did a great job. It's cool pedal as it has three different clean boosts built in. It would be a good one to have when experimenting with clean boost types to get the ideal type to use with a particular rig.
Attachments
oddball pedals low.JPG
oddball pedals low.JPG (46.3 KiB) Viewed 7080 times

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 pm

Those KORG ToneWorks pedals have relatively cheap footswitches that can lead to faulty behaviour as you describe it. You can swap the switch and all is good again. I had the whole series and kept the two 301dl Dynamic Echo units. I also liked the Hyper Distortion, but it wasn't easy to achieve unity gain with it. I really liked the Classic Overdrive since it nailed the VOX AC30 sound for me, but sadly it has digital noise all the time. Not too much, but too annoying for me. :|

I posted this picture at the StompBoxZone Forum.

tunghaichuan

Post by tunghaichuan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:05 pm
Those KORG ToneWorks pedals have relatively cheap footswitches that can lead to faulty behaviour as you describe it. You can swap the switch and all is good again. I had the whole series and kept the two 301dl Dynamic Echo units. I also liked the Hyper Distortion, but it wasn't easy to achieve unity gain with it. I really liked the Classic Overdrive since it nailed the VOX AC30 sound for me, but sadly it has digital noise all the time. Not too much, but too annoying for me. :|

I posted this picture at the StompBoxZone Forum.

Nice line up. I didn't know that any of those existed.

Cool! Thanks for the tip about the footswitches, I really like the sound of the distortion, but the flaky behavior is maddening. It's pretty much just sat in the box since I bought it. Any particular brand or type of footswitch you recommend?

How does the Classic OD compare to the Boss BC-2? I really like the BC-2 (I own three of them) and it sounds pretty good into an interface with an IR and other processing.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 pm

You can find my demos of all the four pedals on YouTube. I only know that Laurie wasn't fond of the BC-2's sound. I have to try it out someday.

Regarding the switches: any standard brand will offer a better switch in comparison to the original ones. They must have taken a batch of really cheap switches back then. It's a bit sad, because that pedal line was pretty expensive and you'd expect top quality for that price.

:!: For the program function it has to be a momentary switch!