pedal board advice

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
Billay

pedal board advice

Post by Billay » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am

I'm on a pretty tight bugdet. So I need a pedal board that has the best bang for the buck. I originally wanted to get a Boss BCB-60 because I liked the fact that it had its own power supply and came with its own cables (saves me money) but some of you guys told me it was a really terrible board. I've been playing for awhile and am a half decent guitar player but I've always shyed away from using effects, so my knowledge of pedal boards, quality of pedal boards, what to look for etc etc is pretty low.

I want a pretty basic pedal board that carries about 6 pedals. I still have to buy a couple more pedals soon but eventually my board will be like this...

Fender PT100 Tuner, Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Boss Chorus, Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, and Boss DD-3 Delay. Fairly simple.

Anything that comes with cables etc is a plus.

I'd generally like to keep the price at about $180 or lower. Can ya help me out?

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: pedal board advice

Post by Dirk » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Why not build your own from a piece of plywood and velcro, and then use the money to invest in a decent power supply like the voodoo labs stuff?

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: pedal board advice

Post by Pepe » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'd like to ask you a few things.

Is this going to be a setup for band purposes or for home use only? If it's the latter, then you might not need the Fender tuner in pedal format. You could use a clip tuner instead (most of them are really good and reliable nowadays). If you want to use the pedalboard with a band you might want to leave out the NS-2. The SD-1 and the chorus pedal shouldn't produce tons of noise and even if you use single coil pickups the overall noise floor won't be too noticeable. A noise suppressor is great for recordings or for solo stuff, but I have never had to use it on stage.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram