Arion Stereo Pedals Issue

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
Joske Turbo
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Arion Stereo Pedals Issue

Post by Joske Turbo » Thu May 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi forum

I recently received a Strymon Blue Sky, the last piece of the stereo rig I've been working on for a while. Signal chain goes like this:

Guitar => Ibanez FZ7 => MXR CAE Overdrive/Boost => Boss FV-50H => Ibanez DE7 => Arion Stereo Phaser (from here it becomes stereo) => Boss PN-2 => Strymon Blue Sky

The Arion has a switch which gives you the choice of using the second output as a stereo or direct output. Stereo is my preferred choice, but if I set it this way, the Blue Sky only works properly when the Arion is on. If it's off, the Blue Sky becomes very subtle to the point of being unhearable. This does not happen if the Arion switch is set to direct. Is there any way this problem can be solved? For now I just use the Arion in mono, which is also great but the stereo image of the phaser is really beautiful so it would be great if someone knows how I could fix this. I've done some research online and it seems this problem occurs because the second output of the Arion is out of phase. Could this be the case?
And another interesting point: the sound of the second amp changes when I flick the direct-stereo switch, even with the Arion in bypass.
Thanks!