New Non-BOSS Pedals

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
chromandre

Re: New Non-BOSS Pedals

Post by chromandre » Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Ibanez FL99 :shock:
my flanger quest is over. "intense" lets you switch between hi-band and normal flanger and then the filter switch makes it negative feedback/mix for more phasery sounds. Very cool! I'm curious the rotary/chorus from the same series has high ratings too.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 am

Very nice! Interesting that it has the butterfly-hand graphics of the old phaser unit "Flying Pan" on it.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:19 am

That Keio is so cool!
Gotta be fun playing it!

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Fri May 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Oh, yes, it is! Since I always preferred a low-pass filter as a wah, it is an extremely useful unit for me. My wah quest is over. And the overall sound of that filter is very similar to that of my beloved KORG 800DV synthesizer from 1975. A bit more resonant, though, what I like a lot for guitar.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:24 am

Oh my word Pepe, that Keio is mega rare and a wonderful piece. That’s over 100,000 yen here :o .

A superb piece for your collection and hopefully and excellent demo incoming?

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 am

Luke Drifter wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 am
got a Skreddy P-19 the other day

first pedal I've bought for a while

it was a consolation present to myself for missing out on a first edition Noel Cornet that I really wanted, but blinked and missed

nice clear and present muff style, but doesn't supplant the Arc Effects Green Russian as my favourite Muff
Which Noel pedal is that exactly?

They are quite popular here in Japan ☺️👍

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 am

Dr.No
Dr.No
BAAAAC37-4648-4B5F-A7CE-A1DDB1119367.jpeg (162.69 KiB) Viewed 10505 times
There’s been quite a bit of coming and going pedal wise, but this popped through my door yesterday!

My second Dr.No (after the Flying Machina wah), bought used at a reasonable price. I was a little unsure but I must say I’m so far pretty pleased, albeit in a honeymoon stage.

I wanted something that could punch through the overdrive channel of my new Orange OR15 and almost all my other fuzzes mushed out, compressed or were generating unusable amounts of background noise when engaged.

The Octofuzz is very well built, nice firm quality switch, very quiet (like a almost unnoticeable gate) and has plenty of power to raise the volume. Nice bluesy crunch with the octave off. It’s I suspect an Octavia clone at heart which is not my favorite type of fuzz, it’s also silicon based again not my usual preference. However it should prove reliable on stage where noise and not futzing out are primary concerns.

Has kicked off my SIB Nick Nitro and Catlinbread Octavva Magus (as nice as both are).

☺️👍

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:45 am

chromandre wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Ibanez FL99 :shock:
my flanger quest is over. "intense" lets you switch between hi-band and normal flanger and then the filter switch makes it negative feedback/mix for more phasery sounds. Very cool! I'm curious the rotary/chorus from the same series has high ratings too.
Very nice! Hadn’t noticed the Flying Pan graphic before!

I have the Phaser from the same series too, lots too of sounds, a keeper!

I’m a big hog for rotary emulations but I found the pedal from this series to be too “airy/sugary/flutey” for me, lacking some bass-y warmth. But I didn’t run stereo nor was it my rig so YMMV 😂

Pepe

Post by Pepe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Two days ago I received these two funny pedals from fuzzbuzzfuzz:

The Guyatone Dual Octave Box is a very synthesizer-like sounding octaver. It is really more a guitar synth. Tracking is a bit fiddly sometimes. It does a good job when being placed AFTER a distortion. The other way round doesn't sound too great as far as I've tested it. Phaser after it sounds awesome and even more like a synthesizer.

The pedal with the red transparent chassis is a Ken Multi Distortion in a limited edition. It is Made in Japan and actually it is the same as the Aria ADT-1 Distortion. This red pedal has a story behind it! A few years ago I saw a very similar looking pedal in a dream. In my dream I stumbled over a cheap distortion in a red transparent chassis with a very rough and somehow cool lo-fi sound. Then a few months ago I spotted this model at the effectsdatabase and I was eager to hunt one down. So fuzzbuzzfuzz helped me out (Thanks again, mate! 8-) ) and now I have it: the pedal from my dream!

It can even sound like I "heard" it in my dream. With gain and tone in maximum position it has a thinned-out high gain distortion sound similar to nasty fuzz units. More moderate settings allow for really great sounding smooth distortion with lots of picking sensitivity. The tone control is very effective and with gain below 10:00h it can serve as a booster.

All in all a very cool unit with a surprisingly good sound. The bypass is also great and downright noise-free. If you ever spot one of those Aria plastic pedals, give it a go! This one is for sure an underestimated beast.

And a funny gimmick of the transparent version is that it has another bigger LED below the treadle. It looks great, especially in the dark:

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:37 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 am

Which Noel pedal is that exactly?

They are quite popular here in Japan ☺️👍
the first edition Cornet

NOT the later Revue version which is in black
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ