New Non-BOSS Pedals

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
tunghaichuan
SBZ: Silver

Re: New Non-BOSS Pedals

Post by tunghaichuan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:54 pm

Luke Drifter wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:27 am
just ordered a Karma MTN -10 (Ibanez Mostortion clone) will take a while to get here, will update you with my impressions when it arrives

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OOS5wPkouMs
Cool! I owned one of those Mostortion pedals back in the early 90s. I got it through Musician's Friend mail order catalog. MF was blowing them out for $50 each. Had I known then what I know now, I would have bought a bunch and stored them :D

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:31 pm

picked up a Noel Cornet today at a reasonable price. it has gone straight to the top of the Muff pile.
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Mon May 03, 2021 3:18 pm

I'm digging this Cornet big time. I never use muffs live, but i like to play with them at home and i have quite a few, including a tall font green russian and an original Ibanez OD-850 (this kills both of them). It is very ballsy and has great string separation, and its a wicked build. Its in a zinc casing, so it weighs a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgluPAz0f0Y
Attachments
corne2.jpg
corne2.jpg (157.12 KiB) Viewed 5726 times
cornet.jpg
cornet.jpg (189.81 KiB) Viewed 5726 times

fernieite
Bossarea: Silver

Post by fernieite » Mon May 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Cool, looks nice! Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of them.

Ps. Look at you mastering the photo attachments now! 👍

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 am

you'll be asking me to stop - enough with the pictures already -soon

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Tue May 04, 2021 6:14 am

No, no! Your photos were always among the coolest pics over at the StompBoxZone, so please keep on! :D
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Tue May 04, 2021 9:26 am

A couple of translated bits and bobs I've managed to find about the Noel Cornet. Iso (the builder in Japan) has no english, which made ordering them difficult, as they were not retailed outside Japan as far as I can gather. I have the second version (the "Revu") which is black. The first version (white) was voiced a little differently I gather, and had different construction. I have stolen a gut shot from a first version, attached here

And here is a demo of the V1 from Burgs here in Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPHKHVBTsAM

Noel Cornet
Cornet is a Fuzz pedal that based on Russian BIG MUFF π.

Tone control is very simple. This is not affect extremely like BIG MUFF. It affects only High~High-mid range. It enable easily tone seeking. And I tuned Cornet to be easy using in band ensemble. I cut excessive Low and Presence range. Cornet doesn't cover a wide range. But it would be good sound for guitar. No matter what surrounding environment changes, you can find fine point easily.There is much fine changes,a little different texture of drive sound, higher responsive to guitar volume and picking.

Cornet's tone is a hybrid tone of classic and modern.Cornet uses NOS 2N5133 transistor and NOS Allen Bradley CC resistor. Both of them has warm and smooth sound. It is very classical tone. Also uses Mallory cap. This is a very clear sound, no loss any guitar signal. It is very modern sound.

Completely handmade and hand-soldered.

Switching: True Bypass
Connectors: Input, Output, DC
Adapter Power Supply: 9V battery operation or 9v-18v DC adapter
Dimensions(mm): 120 (L) X 70 (W) X 55 (H)

Latest fuzz pedal NOEL was reconstructed from a different concept shocking debut of the brand, the "Cornet".
To obtain a higher usability while adopting the circuit substantially the same as the Cornet, used parts, built-in method, paint, size, price, etc. are reviewed, and it was with the evolution of this form.
It is the tone with a feeling of weight that is based on a Russian-made Big Muff of the Civil War period unchanged, but there is only in high resolution Cornet, music excellent is alive and well again.
I think that there are individual differences, but I feel presence of mid-range is strong compared to the previous work of Cornet, effectiveness of the TONE is improved and versatility as increased. And is the point of building beauty of the internal structure, which is a feature of the NOEL, but this Cornet revu even has Kiwama~tsu completely fast. By all means, please refer to the internal photo. It may be said that very beautiful foundation of turret board that was used to vintage amplifier or the like, parts are wired reasonably fiercely, the state is building and truly beautiful. And I think that Rika solved your viewer if you look at, but the quality of parts used some are up more than a Cornet of previous work. There is no compromise. In addition, the painting was given has a two-layer structure, the surface painting and go bald on the go use, and it is with trick paint underneath it as it appears. The change to the look of the user only in that you continue to use it for a long time, it will be boiled out of the attachment greatly. Because you are using a robust zinc die-cast housing than aluminum die-casting, which is used a lot, a feeling of weight when I picked up is comfortable, very probably not become one of the effector can love just UGA?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (155.62 KiB) Viewed 5703 times

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Tue May 04, 2021 11:41 am

Again, very cool. 8-)
Google translations from Japanese to English are hard on the brain! :!:
Sounds like a great pedal. Congrats.

fernieite

Post by fernieite » Tue May 04, 2021 11:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:14 am
No, no! Your photos were always among the coolest pics over at the StompBoxZone, so please keep on! :D
I agree! :mrgreen:

Btw, how are you posting your photos? Using my archaic laptop/resizing method, or are you using another way? :geek:

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Tue May 04, 2021 11:59 am

1. look at "properties" of jpg to see size of image
2. make a rough estimate of what percentage reduction is needed to get it to 200kB
3. open jpg in MS Paint and resize according to rough estimate percentage
4. save as a jpg
5. recheck properties to see if rough estimate reduction resulted in an image size under but close to 200kB
6. do another small reduction if necessary

there is probably a much easier way to resize jpgs, bit i have been using paint to edit images for ages, so im comfortable with this method