Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: New Non-BOSS Pedals

Post by Pepe » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:56 pm

zentropa wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 pm
Finished up my DOD collection (aside from 1 more PRC-6 board) and slowly whittling away at my Ibanez 9 Series. Replaced my AD9 reissue with a vintage one and grabbed this AF9 recently.

Nice! Congratulations for finding such a clean AF9! The options look very similar to these of my two beloved KORG Dist Wah modules KDW-301. And the Meat Box does always look so crazy and cool at the same time. :lol:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

zentropa
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Gold

Post by zentropa » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:56 pm
Nice! Congratulations for finding such a clean AF9! The options look very similar to these of my two beloved KORG Dist Wah modules KDW-301. And the Meat Box does always look so crazy and cool at the same time. :lol:
Thanks. The AF9 had the box and was one of the cheaper ones I had come across that had an intact bottom label and battery cover.

Sadly, I’m going to have to get one more high value pedal to finish out the 9 series board (ST9 or OD9)

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:17 pm
Today I received a Japanese Vesta Fire DST Distortion pedal that I purchased for a fair price at ebay. I had no big expectations, but man! This is one of the few pedals that make my guitar sing! If there were no signal bleed in bypass mode with gain above 02:00 it would be an almost perfect pedal.

Sadly, the front plate for the five knobs has almost no visible labellings anymore, but otherwise it looks pretty good and is very well-built. Pictures will follow, once it is clean and assembled again.
Now here are the promised pictures of the Vesta Fire DST. The knob controls are Distortion and Output and below: Treble, Middle and Bass.

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram